American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) recognizes Kenneth Miller, MEd, as 2022 Specialty Practitioner of the Year. Miller is one of only eight individuals from across the U.S. honored with this award, which he received in the adult acute care category.
American Association for Respiratory Care Recognizes LVHN’s Kenneth Miller as 2022 Specialty Practitioner of the Year
Miller represents excellence in respiratory care
This recognition is a testament to Miller’s dedication to his profession and celebrates the hard work of all respiratory care colleagues at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN).
“Respiratory therapy has been an incredible career to help and serve patients with respiratory dysfunction,” Miller says. “It has allowed me to grow professionally and as an individual. Being a valuable member of the bedside clinical team has made me feel I have contributed to the successful outcome of my patients.”
Miller also was recognized as a 2020 Pennsylvania Society for Respiratory Care (PSRC) Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
As we celebrate Miller’s prestigious national recognition, we also celebrate National Respiratory Care Week. Thank you to all respiratory care colleagues who provide essential skills and exceptional care.
Join our respiratory care team
LVHN has day- and night-shift and full- and part-time opportunities for respiratory care, including:
- Adult critical care
- Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) and neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Float pool
- Premium weekend
Five reasons LVHN is a great place to work as a respiratory therapist
- Level I Trauma Center, Level IV NICU and largest ER in Pennsylvania with protocols driven by respiratory therapists
- Nine specialized intensive care units and the only Burn Recovery Center for adults and children in northeastern Pennsylvania
- Adult extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) program and use of VDR ventilator in adults and pediatrics
- Ability to intubate NICU patients, join respiratory therapy NICU transport team and attend all high-risk deliveries
- Support of full-time clinical educator, full-time pediatric clinical coordinator and adult day-shift and night-shift clinical coordinators