If you have considered a career in health care, we have a unique opportunity for you. LVHN is now recruiting for the position of EMS Student. If selected, you will be hired as an employee with Lehigh Valley Health Network and paid a base salary to attend an EMT Program at LVH-Hazleton.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be promoted to an EMT-B, with the appropriate compensation adjustment. You will then go through an extended in-house training for several weeks before assuming the role of an EMT-B on one of our ambulances. This training will be invaluable to you in a career in health care.
What you need to know:
- Classes will be held Sept. 13 - Dec. 22, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., and on alternating Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- LVHN EMS will pay for your EMT School education through our Emergency Medicine Institute, and you will receive monetary compensation while attending school.
- You will be hired as an LVHN full-time employee, with all the benefits of that role. There is a 1-year minimum employment commitment to LVHN once you receive your EMT-B certification.
- Your hours will be comprised of classroom time, and work on a Paratransit vehicle while you attend school.
- Upon successful completion and acquisition of your EMT-B Certification, you will be assigned to an EMT-B role with LVHN EMS and receive an appropriate compensation increase.
- LVHN EMS will provide additional intensive in-house training for several weeks after completion of the program, as you ride and train alongside seasoned colleagues, before being assigned to your permanent schedule.
To learn more, call 570-501-7793