LGBTQ Patient Support
Need Immediate Care?
For emergency services, call 911.
For non-emergency walk-in care, try an ExpressCARE location.
Need help scheduling or have a question?
Call 888-402-LVHN (5846).
By understanding and incorporating your sexual orientation and gender identity into your care, physicians and advanced practice clinicians with Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) and Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG) ensure the delivery of comprehensive, personalized care.
Your partnership with your doctor
Holding open discussions with your health care provider about any health or other concerns you have is important. It is equally important for your health care provider to understand your sexual orientation and gender identity so they can provide the most comprehensive care for you. If you do not already have a primary care provider, you can use the Find a Doctor search to help identify health care providers who have selected LGBTQ care as an area of focus.
Our doctors include those who provide gender affirming care for transgender individuals, those who provide care for youth who are exploring their gender identity and sexual orientation as well as care for adults who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or questioning. Our health care providers will work with you to make sure you receive comprehensive care and support including:
- Preventive care screenings
- Adoption of good health practices
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Family planning
- Gender affirming medical care
- Gender affirming surgical care
LVHN Comprehensive Health Services
Our Comprehensive Health Services program offers preventive care, screenings and outreach to the community, including:
- Care and treatment for HIV, hepatitis B and C, sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Free, confidential testing services
- HIV and sexual health education classes
- Risk assessment and risk reduction counseling
- Gender affirming specialty care
In the Lehigh Valley, the Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center offers many health programs to the LGBTQ community.
Mental health and wellbeing
Your emotional health is just as important to your overall well-being as your physical health. Lehigh Valley Health Network offers outpatient counseling in a variety of locations. Learn more about Behavioral Health and the services we offer.
Sometimes it helps to speak with someone who understands where you are coming from.
If you would prefer to speak with a person from the LGBTQ community, these national call lines are available:
- Trevor Project – For LGBTQ youth: 866-488-7386
- Trans Line – Transgender peer support: 877-565-8860
- LGBTQ National Hotlines – For LGBTQ youth, adults and seniors: