LVHN Comprehensive Health Services
1627 W Chew Street
Allentown, PA 18102-3648
We offer the most comprehensive human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) care in the Lehigh Valley for those living with or affected by HIV – all at one location. Our team of specialists provides a personalized, multidisciplinary approach to care.
We offer free confidential and anonymous testing for HIV. The test is via oral swab and provides results in 20 minutes. If you are infected with HIV, we can get you the care you need immediately. HIV testing is conducted at the office during the following hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday: By appointment
- Second Wednesday of the month: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m
Our free HIV 101 classes cover the basics of HIV, how the virus is transmitted, ways to protect yourself and more. This class is offered to all area middle schools, high schools, colleges and community groups.
Universal precautions training
Training and education on universal precautions and postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) are provided at no cost to people employed in health care settings.
- Risk assessment and risk reduction counseling
Our prevention specialists will assess behaviors that may be putting you at risk for contracting HIV and work with you to develop a risk reduction plan. The prevention team also offers peer support, prevention counseling and risk reduction training.
- Community outreach
Specially educated staff and volunteers are available to conduct community outreach programs. Such programs can include individualized or group interventions, risk assessment, risk reduction counseling and distribution of safer-sex kits. Possible sites include bars, college campuses and various community settings.
Our team of physicians and nurses are specially educated in the management of HIV, its complications and associated conditions (including chronic hepatitis B and C infections).
Our staff also includes:
- Licensed social worker who provides one-on-one mental health counseling and emotional support
- Registered dietitian to create a customized nutrition plan for you
- Case managers who partner with you to help meet your psychosocial needs, provide moral support and link you to community resources you may need
- Research team that provides opportunities to participate in trials of state-of-the-art therapies