The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet® recognition program is the most prestigious designation a hospital can earn. Magnet recognition demonstrates that LVHN supports professional nurses to be their best. Our nurses are leaders who are empowered to grow in their profession and help shape the future of patient care, while giving you compassionate, evidenced-based care today.
Only 8 percent of hospitals in the nation have earned Magnet recognition. In the Lehigh Valley, we are the only health care organization to hold this honor.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® is the most prestigious designation a hospital can earn. Magnet recognition demonstrates that Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) supports professional nurses to be their best. Our nurses are leaders who are empowered to grow in their profession and help shape the future of patient care while providing compassionate, evidenced-based care.
LVHN locations in the Lehigh Valley [Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Cedar Crest, LVH–Muhlenberg, LVH–17th Street, LVHN–Tilghman, home care and hospice services] achieved Magnet designation for the fifth consecutive time in September 2020.
Lehigh Valley Health Network locations in the Lehigh Valley (LVH–Cedar Crest, LVH–Muhlenberg, LVH–17th Street, LVHN–Tilghman, Home Care and Hospice Services) are recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as earning Magnet® designation. Magnet designation is the highest and most prestigious credential a health care organization can achieve for nursing excellence and quality patient care. Only 8 percent of hospitals in the nation hold this honor, and we are the only Magnet hospital in the Lehigh Valley.
Demonstrating our commitment to nursing excellence and quality patient care, Lehigh Valley locations earned Magnet designation for the fifth time, a feat accomplished by fewer than 25 national and international health care facilities.
What does it mean to be cared for by Magnet® nurses?
When you are cared for by Magnet nurses in a Magnet hospital, you receive the highest level of care that meets the rigorous standards of the Magnet program. Magnet-recognized organizations embody a collaborative culture in which nurses are valued as integral partners on a patient’s care team. At LVHN, nurses are supported by administration, respected by physician colleagues and make significant contributions to quality and safety outcomes every day. Magnet recognition also means:
- You are in experienced, knowledgeable hands. Studies show Magnet hospitals have high patient satisfaction, better quality outcomes and the right number of nurses to care for you.
- Your nurses are recognized among the best in the state each year by the Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania State Nurses Association.
- Patients like you rank our nursing care above the 90th percentile among similar hospitals nationwide.
- Your nurses use the latest technology. Bar codes ensure you get the right dose of the right medication at the right time. Also, electronic charting allows nurses to spend more time at your bedside.
- Your nurses continue to grow professionally. They receive funding for continuing education. They also participate in nursing study tours and medical missions, and have opportunities to learn from national health care leaders.
- Your nurses conduct research to ensure you receive the best, scientifically proven care.
- Your nurses are recognized as experts. They give presentations at national and international conferences and author articles published in professional journals.
- Your nurses mentor the next generation of nurses through programs like a partnership with local and regional colleges in which nurses serve as adjunct professors.
- Your nurses enjoy working here. Employee surveys show they recommend Lehigh Valley Health Network to their family and friends for care.
- Your nurses are respected members of a team of doctors, pharmacists, therapists, technicians and support staff.