Emerging Health Professionals Program for Schuylkill County Residents
Offered by a partnership of LVH–Schuylkill, Schuylkill Technology Center, and Penn State Schuylkill, this dual-enrollment program combines skills-based, interactive, and university level classroom learning with observation in a health care setting.
Emerging Health Career Professional students are exposed to a variety of shadowing, simulation and other educational opportunities at LVHN locations. Students are provided with a number of presentations and experiential learning experiences from master’s and doctoral educated staff.
Students who want to apply must:
- Attend a participating Schuylkill County school district
- Be entering their senior year
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Have completed one year of high school biology and chemistry with a grade of 3.0 or better
- Have an excellent attendance record
- Have written recommendations from a high school guidance counselor and one chemistry or biology teacher
- Successfully complete an interview