Amenities at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg
You don’t have to leave the hospital if you get hungry. The following options are available:
Visit our cafeteria just off the main hospital entrance for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy home-style foods, soups, salads, deli items and freshly baked desserts, along with a range of ethnic selections. Takeout items are available throughout the day.
- Daily: 6:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
At-your-request dining service
From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., patients and visitors can order from a restaurant-style menu from the comfort of their room. Patients’ dietary restrictions will be taken into account when the meal is ordered and prepared. To place an order, call 484-884-3663 (FOOD). Your meal will arrive within 60 minutes.
Gifts, snacks, newspapers, cards, balloons, flower and plants are available in the Camille Gift Shop, located on the first floor. Patients may order magazines, newspapers and other gift shop items by calling patient room service at 484-884-2299. Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- Monday through Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Valet parking service
Free valet parking is available at the North Entrance – at the blue “H” – 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Free patient and visitor parking for the hospital is available directly in front of the North Entrance – at the blue “H” and directly in front of the Family Health Pavilion (South Entrance). In addition, each medical office building has a parking lot.
Emergency patients park at the Emergency Room entrance.
Patient shuttle service
If you have trouble walking, we’ll take you where you need to go. An indoor patient shuttle is available Monday through Friday:
- On the first floor from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and
- On the second floor from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Many people connect spirituality to religion, but they are not the same thing. With spirituality, you can gain strength through difficult times and connect with others. Connecting spirituality with your health can be very beneficial.
At LVHN, we offer spiritual support and guidance if you need it through our pastoral care department. A chaplain can help you and your family identify the sources of your fears and find strength through your faith, other meaningful value systems or spiritual resources from the community.
You may want to call pastoral care when:
- You’re anxious or fearful of surgery, therapy or medical procedures.
- You need comfort.
- You don’t respond to medical treatment.
- You or your family has major health care and treatment decisions to make.
- Your way of life must change following an illness.
- You have a long-term illness.
- You or your loved one is dying.
- You or a loved one is admitted in a traumatic or emergency situation.
- Your loved one has died.
- It’s time for you or your family to consider organ or tissue donation.
If you are at one of our Lehigh Valley-area facilities and would like to speak with a chaplain, please call the paging operator at 610-402-8999 and ask for the chaplain on call. You also can ask your nurse to page us.
We offer a quiet place to meditate or pray at each of our hospitals. Chapels also may be used for worship services or small group gatherings. You may add people to the prayer list kept in the prayer book at each chapel.
Our chapels and meditation rooms
- LVH–Muhlenberg, Banko Gallo Racz Memorial Chapel, first floor
- LVH–Muhlenberg, meditation room, south tower, third floor
Our worship services
- Nondenominational memorial services take place on the third Monday every other month. Family members and caregivers of patients who have died are welcome to attend this service.
- Services for spiritual renewal and special occasions are available upon request.
Send a Card or Flowers
Send a Card
To send a personalized card to a loved one staying at an LVHN hospital, please submit the following information, and your message will be printed onto the card you have chosen. It will be personally delivered to your friend or family member in their room.
If you don't know the room number, you can call us to request it: 484-884-5846
Delivery Schedule – Subject to Volunteer Availability
Monday through Friday: Messages received by 2 p.m. EST will be delivered the same day. Messages received after 2 p.m. will be delivered the next day.
Friday evening and weekends: Any messages received after 2 p.m. on Friday or throughout the weekend will be delivered on Monday, if the patient is still in the hospital.
- If a message is undeliverable or received after patient’s discharge, the message will be shredded or discarded.
- This service is not secure; please do not e-mail confidential personal or financial information.
- To ensure patient privacy, your message will be delivered in accordance with the patient confidentiality guidelines of LVHN.
If you would like to send flowers or balloons to a loved one at an LVHN hospital, one of our gift shop volunteers will gladly take your order over the phone. They can assist you with choosing the perfect arrangement and have it delivered to the patient's room. Our flowers range from $20 -$40 and are delivered fresh daily.
Camille Gift Shop
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Flowers and balloons are available at the shop.
Credit cards accepted: Visa and MasterCard
Staying in touch with loved ones and friends while also managing a health care challenge can be difficult. But staying connected is a crucial component to getting and staying well – for both patients and family members. LVHN understands these obstacles, and we’re prepared to help.
Now you can stay connected with family, friends and colleagues before, during and after a health care challenge through a CarePages website. CarePages provides free, private websites that make it easy to:
- Update family, friends and even colleagues all at once
- Share photos
- Collect supporting messages from loved ones and friends
- Learn more about health care issues
- Connect to others with similar concerns
To create a free CarePages website, sign in or become a member.