We’re honored to be listed among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals.
Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH) is once again Lehigh Valley’s No. 1 regional hospital in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals list. This is the seventh straight year Lehigh Valley Hospital has been ranked No. 1 by U.S. News, which also has recognized the hospital nationally among America’s Best Hospitals in various medical specialties 23 times since 1996.
U.S. News recognized LVH as “high performing” in seven common adult specialties and eight common adult procedures and conditions:
- Adult specialties
- Gastroenterology & GI surgery
- Neurology & neurosurgery
- Pulmonology & lung surgery
- Common adult procedure and condition ratings
- LVH is rated in the top 10% for eight adult specialties, which is more than any other network in the region.
- LVH–Hazleton is listed as high performing in heart failure.
- LVH–Pocono is listed as high performing in COPD and heart failure.
For the 2020-21 ratings, U.S. News evaluated more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in 10 procedures and conditions. Fewer than a third of all hospitals received any “High-performing” rating. The state and metro area rankings recognize hospitals that received high-performing ratings across multiple areas of care.
The U.S. News Procedures & Conditions methodology is based entirely on objective measures of quality such as risk-adjusted outcome rates, volume, quality of nursing and other care-related indicators.