At Lehigh Valley Health Network’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Center–Muhlenberg, we provide a place where people who have suffered an illness or injury may find an opportunity to rebuild their lives. Our center offers patients and their families a professional, relaxed environment to help maximize recovery and increase self-sufficiency.
We treat patients who are recovering from stroke, orthopedic injury, fractures, neurological disease, post-surgical condition, burns, amputation, spinal cord injury, or another illness or injury requiring inpatient rehabilitation. LVHN offers a comprehensive program to help patients regain function and return to the highest level of independence.
Our state-of-the-art Inpatient Rehabilitation Center features:
- A total of 28 private patient rooms, some of which have telemetry beds for monitoring of cardiac and respiratory patients
- A therapy gym with cardio equipment, resistance bands and weights
- A kitchen where patients can practice cooking
- Advanced technical equipment for people who are learning to stand or walk again
- An activities-of-daily-living suite where patients can test their ability to live independently prior to discharge
- The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center–Muhlenberg accepts patient referrals from physicians, social workers, nurses, case managers, discharge planners and other health care providers.
Take a look inside:
Patients and their families also may ask their physicians or hospital social workers to initiate a referral. If you believe you could benefit from our services, please call for more information or to arrange a tour.