When you are visiting Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Cedar Crest, either as a patient or visitor, every employee is here to help you and ensure your time with us is comfortable. From the moment you arrive, we invite you to utilize our many services that will make your stay easier, including:
Our information desks are staffed by guest services representatives who will help you find the office or patient room you need. Please do not hesitate to ask any of our employees for help – we are here for you.
For your convenience, free valet parking is available at several locations on the campus of LVH–Cedar Crest:
- Main hospital entrance: Valet service is available 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Children’s Specialty Center, (1210 building), 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Cancer Center (1240 building), 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Center for Advanced Health Care, (1250 building), 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Emergency department, 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Learn how we’re providing safe Valet Service.
Self-parking information for LVH–Cedar Crest: Free parking is available for patients and visitors in any of the three parking decks on campus. Two parking decks are located in the front of the hospital near its main entrance. The third is a five-story deck near the Center for Advanced Health Care, 1250 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
If you have trouble walking, we can take you where you need to go. An indoor patient shuttle is available on the first floor of LVH–Cedar Crest, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. A patient shuttle is also available on the second floor Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Indoor patient shuttle routes:
- From the main entrance into the Jaindl Pavilion and back
- From the main entrance into the Kasych Pavilion and back
- From the Cancer Center atrium into the Jaindl Pavilion and back
Information and way-finding assistance
If you have questions or need help finding your way, please stop by an information desk:
- Main entrance lobby (Pool Pavilion) – staffed 24/7
- Cancer Center lobby – staffed 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
At our information desk, we will give you clear directions to your patient care destination. If you’re a visitor, we will provide your loved one’s room number and explain how to get there. If you get lost along the way, ask any LVHN employee for help. They are happy to help you.
While you are visiting your loved one, Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Cedar Crest offers several dining options for your convenience.
Visit our cafeteria in the Pool Pavilion for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy home-style foods, soups, salads, deli items and freshly baked desserts, along with a range of ethnic selections. Takeout items are available throughout the day.
- Monday through Friday: 1-4 a.m. and 5 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 6:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Our ongoing focus during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues, patients and our community.
Effective Sunday, March 22, the following changes will be implemented at all LVHN cafeterias:
- Coffee will no longer be self-serve. It will be served from behind the counter.
- Single-serve, disposable milk and half-and-half will be used as much as possible.
- Fountain drinks will be eliminated and only bottled drinks will be sold.
Additionally, some tables and chairs will be removed from the cafeteria to support social distancing efforts. We strongly recommend that you do not dine in the cafeteria, but take your meal back to a place with fewer people. If you choose to eat in the cafeteria, you must remain six feet apart from other people in the cafeteria.
To help you practice social distancing, tape will be used to block off certain booths in the dining area and will be placed on the floor to remind you to keep six feet between you and other visitors.
These changes ensure safe meal and beverage practices.
Starbucks Coffee Kiosk
Located in the Jaindl Family Pavilion, stop by for a hot cup of Starbucks coffee and a baked good to go.
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed weekends
Coffee Shop Café
Stop by for breakfast and lunch at the top of the Jaindl Family Pavilion steps, next to the Cancer Center. Coffee Shop Café offers made-to-order sandwiches, salads and panini, as well as soup, coffee and bottled beverages.
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Closed weekends
Coffee Shop Café at the Center for Advanced Care (1250 S. Cedar Crest)
Located on the 3rd floor near the entrance to the skywalk, this location is a perfect destination for a cup of coffee or bottled beverage. You can find grab and go light snacks, prepared salads, sandwiches and fruit. Seating is available for your convenience.
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m.-2 p.m. (closed 11 a.m. to noon)
- Closed weekends
At-your-request dining service
Between 7 a.m.-7 p.m., patients and visitors can order from a restaurant-style menu in the comfort of their hospital room. This service makes it possible for patients to eat as much or as little as they want, when they want to eat. Patients’ dietary restrictions will be taken into account when the meal is ordered and prepared.
Special child-friendly items are available for patients and visitors at the Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital.
To place an order, call 610-402-3663 (FOOD). Your meal will arrive within 60 minutes.
Gifts, snacks, newspapers, cards, flower and plants are available in our three gift shops. Patients may order magazines, newspapers and other gift shop items by calling patient room service at 610-402-8822.
If you would like to send flowers or balloons to a loved one at LVH–Cedar Crest, one of our gift shop volunteers will gladly take your order over the phone. They can assist you with choosing the perfect arrangement and have it delivered to the patient's room. If you need the room number, please call LVH–Cedar Crest information at: 610-402-8000.
Tree Top Gift Shop – Pool Pavilion
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
The Auxiliary Shoppe – Jaindl Pavilion
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed weekends
The Atrium Gift Shop – Morgan Cancer Center Atrium
- Monday through Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed weekends
Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
Send a Card
We invite you to send a free, personalized card to a loved one who is staying at LVH–Cedar Crest. To do so, please fill out our form, and your message will be printed onto the card you have chosen. It will be personally delivered to your friend or family member in their room.
If you need the room number, please call LVH–Cedar Crest information at: 610-402-8000.
Hackerman-Patz House at LVH–Cedar Crest is a convenient and affordable "home away from home.” Whether your loved one is a patient or you’re receiving care yourself, our goal remains the same: to offer you comfortable accommodations and a supportive environment that allows you to focus on healing.
Hackerman-Patz House location: You will find us at the rear (south side) of the LVH–Cedar Crest campus, on a wooded lot across from the hospital's emergency room. Our address is: 1260 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, PA 18105.
House amenities include:
- 20 smoke-free, private rooms (rooms have either one queen bed or two twin beds), including eight handicapped accessible rooms on the first floor
- All rooms include private bath, safe, TV and mini-fridge
- Kitchenette (Keurig coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators and vending machine)
- Laundry facilities
Reservations and rates: Because many families wish to stay with us, our occupancy limit is 2 adults & 2 children per room or 3 adults per room. We can offer additional rooms per family based on availability.
Front desk hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Check-in: 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
After hours check-in: 5 p.m.-8 a.m. at the main entrance welcome desk at LVH–Cedar Crest.
Rate: Our nightly rate is $45 per room. $30 per night for parents of a child in Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital. $40 per night for guests with a patient in the Burn Center. We accept cash, check or major credit cards.
Reservations: Please call 610-402-9500, day or night. If we do not have a room available, you can request to join the waiting list.
Other housing options
- Several hotels offer discounts to our patients and families.
At LVH–Cedar Crest, the Pastoral Care Department is an integral part of the health care team. Chaplains support and attend to the diverse spiritual needs, practices and expressions of each individual. Through spiritual care patients, families and staff are able to connect mind, body and spirit in the healing process.
Our chaplains are available to serve you through:
- Visiting and prayer
- Encouragement and comfort
- Discussing concerns about procedures or decisions
- Discussing with you the meaning and effects of advance directives
- Offering communion, baptism and anointing of the sick
- Regularly scheduled worship services
If you would like to speak with a chaplain, please call the paging operator at 610-402-8999 and ask for the chaplain on call. You also can ask your nurse to page us.
Chapels and spiritual services: We offer a quiet place to meditate or pray at each of our hospitals. Chapels also may be used for worship services or small group gatherings. You may add people to the prayer list kept in the prayer book at each chapel.
Our chapels and meditation rooms
- LVH–Cedar Crest, chapel, first floor
- Cancer Center at LVH–Cedar Crest, meditation room, first floor
Our worship services
- Catholic masses take place in the chapel at LVH–Cedar Crest at:
- 11:30 p.m. Saturday
- 1:30 p.m. Sunday
- 3:30 p.m. Wednesday
- Holy days: schedule posted at chapel
- Muslim prayers daily at 1 p.m.
- Services for spiritual renewal, special occasions and memorial services are available upon request.
Wi-Fi: To help you stay connected to family, friends and work, Lehigh Valley Health Network provides patients, guests and visitors with free wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi). Free Wi-Fi is available at LVH–Cedar Crest. To access Wi-Fi, you will be prompted to accept the terms of service. Your access will be active for 24 hours. Should you need access the next day, simply reaccept the terms of service. There is no charge for this service and no limit to the number of times you can register.