Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono Mattioli Emergency Center
206 East Brown Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301-3006
In an emergency, you can trust in the care at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono Mattioli Emergency Center. As the only accredited Level III trauma center in Pennsylvania (accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation), we are prepared to provide comprehensive emergency care for you.
With a state-of-the art ER, full hospital and access to needed specialists, your emergency care is close to home.
LVH–Pocono emergency department offers:
- Critical surgical care around-the-clock, with advanced orthopedic and reconstructive trauma surgery capabilities
- Vascular and general surgery
- Care for obstetric and gynecological emergencies
Emergency medicine for heart attack
If you are experiencing heart attack symptoms, including chest pain, shortness of breath or pain in your arms, neck, jaw or back – call 911.
Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute consistently ranks among the nation’s leaders in heart attack survival. Our MI Alert for Heart Attacks program saves lives and limits the amount of heart damage by educating area paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) to diagnose heart attacks in the field.
If you’re suffering from a heart attack, paramedics will immediately begin treatment and call ahead to alert our emergency medicine providers of your arrival. LVH–Pocono has on-site cardiologists, a cardiac catheterization lab and cardiothoracic surgery team. As an accredited Chest Pain Center of Excellence by the American College of Cardiology, you can trust in the expertise at LVH–Pocono.
Emergency care for stroke
Every second counts when it comes to stroke. Fast, aggressive care minimizes brain damage by ensuring adequate blood flow to the brain. That’s why you should always remember BE FAST. This acronym will help you remember the signs of a stroke and that you should act quickly.
- Balance – Sudden loss of balance
- Eyes – Blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Face – Face drooping or looks uneven
- Arms – One arm becomes weak or numb
- Speech – Slurred speech or seems confused
- Time – If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, call 911 immediately.
LVH–Pocono is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center with telestroke capabilities.