Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill Senior Behavioral Health
420 South Jackson Street
Pottsville, PA 17901
The Senior Behavioral Health Unit at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill S. Jackson Street, Schuylkill County's only exclusive geriatric psychiatric program, is designed to address the mental and physical health needs of older adults.
The unit is a secure environment where patients receive short-term, intensive therapy for depression, anxiety or other mental illnesses. A psychiatrist oversees the program and leads a team of mental health professionals including registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, an activities therapist and a social worker. These services are covered by Medicare and many other insurance providers.
Our program includes:
- A confidential initial consultation to help determine the appropriate level of care
- Assistance locating the least restrictive treatment environment that can assist in meeting the patient's needs
- Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 24-hour crisis intervention and assistance with the commitment process, if needed
- Co-management by a primary care physician to assess and treat secondary medical needs
- Access to Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill E. Norwegian St.’s 's high quality medical services including lab, radiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy and dialysis
- Continuous monitoring of our program to guarantee that we are providing compassionate, quality care with an emphasis on safety, confidentiality and a return to functionality
- Appropriate follow-up to monitor patient progress
- Support for caregivers
Learn more about behavioral health programs at Lehigh Valley Health Network.