LVHN’s Advanced Spine Center was the first program in the region to coordinate care across multiple specialties. The Advanced Spine Center at LVHN is a comprehensive program designed to help people get the care they need with a focus on conservative therapy, usually starting with physical therapy. With this service, our goal is to correctly assess your condition and assure you are scheduled with the most appropriate caregiver as quickly as possible.
Approximately 80 percent of adults have back pain at some point in their lives. But you do have options for managing the pain. The team at LVHN’s Advanced Spine Center provides customized, effective care to help relieve your symptoms and improve your function.
Why choose the Advanced Spine Center
Highlights of our program include:
- Streamlined care: An in-depth conversation with a member of our team about your symptoms and medical history saves you time and helps us guide you to the proper treatment. We send a report of our phone call to the appropriate care provider prior to your appointment.
- Comprehensive approach: Our team includes the full spectrum of back pain specialists, including chiropractic, rehabilitation (physical therapy), physiatry, pain management, and spine surgery. We coordinate your care and ensure you get the attention you need.
- Emphasis on nonsurgical treatment: We use conservative methods first, such as chiropractic medicine, physical therapy, physiatry and pain management. The goal is to relieve your symptoms without surgery.
- Surgical expertise: If we determine surgery is the most effective treatment option, our skilled spine surgeons (neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons) use minimally invasive techniques when possible to perform precise, effective procedures. We perform a large volume of surgeries every year, giving us a high level of expertise.
What to expect
You or your primary care provider can reach the Advanced Spine Center directly by calling 888-402-LVHN (5846). The call lasts approximately 30 minutes.
During the call, you speak to a nurse navigator who specializes in neck, back and spine conditions. The nurse takes a detailed medical history including your symptoms, any injuries and previous imaging scans or treatments you’ve had.
After the phone call, the nurse navigator:
- Reviews the information and uses sophisticated software to help determine your next steps
- Discusses treatment options with you
- Updates your referring and primary care physicians about treatment recommendations
- Helps you schedule your next appointment with a provider
- Sends a report of the phone call to the appropriate care provider before your appointment