When it comes to your eyes, you want doctors you can trust. LVHN’s ophthalmology and optometry specialists have deep experience providing comprehensive eye care for patients both young and old.
Whether you need a routine eye exam, on-trend eyeglasses or specialized retina expertise, you can count on us to provide the services you need to optimize your sight.
Get expert ophthalmology care at Lehigh Valley Health Network
When you choose LVHN for your eye care, you can expect:
Our team includes general ophthalmologists and optometrists as well as trained retina and cornea specialists. We have the training and experience to treat the most complex eye and vision concerns, such as cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration. Our physicians also are skilled in performing intricate procedures, including corneal transplant surgery.
Full-service optical shop
Our optical shop, Optical Effects, has a knowledgeable team that can help you choose the eyeglasses or contact lenses that fit your look, lifestyle and budget.
When you are looking for a new pair of glasses, a certified licensed optician will assist you. Optical Effects offers the following services that are done at no charge for the lifetime of the glasses purchased here:
- Deep cleaning
- Fit adjustments
- Screw and part replacements
We offer in-demand luxury brands, as well as numerous low-cost options. We also offer hybrid contact lenses, protective eyewear, sports glasses and more. Our designer frame brands include:
- Kate Spade
- Tom Ford
- Jimmy Choo
- Michael Kors
And there is also an extensive selection of brands for children’s frames, including:
- Ray-Ban Junior
- Lucky Brand Kids
Advanced technologies and treatments
Each of our locations utilizes advanced diagnostic equipment and research-backed therapies, including the innovative LipiFlow® treatment for dry eye. Our care approach fast-tracks a precise diagnosis while giving you access to the most effective treatment for your needs.
We also offer the latest technology in lenses. At Optical Effects, you can choose from a variety of premium lenses, including:
- Polarized lenses: Polarized lenses are a great option for anyone who spends time outdoors. If you’re working outdoors, especially when doing high-glare activities around water or snow, polarized lenses help reduce glare and provide additional clarity while keeping your eyes protected.
- Blue light protection: Computer screens, smartphones, tablets, fluorescent bulbs – blue light is all around. Long-term and continuous exposure to harmful blue light (blue-violet light) can contribute to long-term damage of your eyes. Those at highest risk are people with a family history or exhibiting signs of AMD, and working professionals, children, teens and gamers. To combat this, Optical Effects offers Crizal Prevencia lenses to reduce exposure while still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through. Plus, they also provide all the benefits of no-glare lenses.
- Premium progressive lenses: Progressive lenses provide sharp vision and smooth transitions at any distance. They help extend your vision within arm’s reach, so you no longer have to tilt or angle your head to find your focus. Varilux® Physio® lenses help you transition from near to far, and every distance in between, smoothly and effortlessly. Varilux Comfort® uses the prescriptions from both your eyes so your lenses are calculated as a pair, letting your eyes work better together. Varilux® X Series™, featuring Xtend™ Technology, is Optical Effects’ most advanced progressive lens available.
- Post-concussion lenses: Eyezen lenses are recommended for post-concussion therapy. They also help reduce eye strain caused by close viewing of devices like cellphones and tablets.
Our convenient locations make sure you’re never far from specialized eye care. We deliver comprehensive eye care services at practices in Allentown, Fogelsville and Palmer Township.
Comprehensive eye care services
We offer routine and specialized eye care services, including:
- Comprehensive eye exams, including evaluation for glasses and contact lenses
- Treatment of common eye conditions, including:
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Diplopia (double vision)
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
- Eye infections, such as conjunctivitis (pinkeye)
- Eye abrasions
- Eye injuries
- Urgent care needs, such as foreign body removal
- Management of complex conditions, such as:
- Specialized eye surgery, including:
- Cornea transplant surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Eyelid lesion surgery
Request a Second Opinion
When it comes to your eyes, you want to be sure the treatment you’re receiving is the best.
At the Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, our skilled ophthalmology physicians have training and experience to treat complex eye and vision concerns.
Meeting with our team to review your diagnosis and treatment options will provide peace of mind during your decision-making process.
Our specialized team will work with you to determine the best course of treatment for your vision concerns.
Make an Appointment
Learn more about our services or make an appointment by calling us at 888-402-LVHN (5846).