Pediatric cancer is a complex disease, but cancer treatment options are always advancing. Experts at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital are here to help. Our team has decades of combined experience treating a wide range of pediatric cancers with excellent results.
You should be able to focus on your child’s care and recovery, so we’ve consolidated cancer services for your convenience at the Children’s Cancer and Multipurpose Infusion Center.
We help you access leading infusion therapies, imaging tests and your care team in one place, making it easier to manage your child’s care.
Get expert pediatric oncology care at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital
When you choose Children’s Hospital for cancer care, your child will benefit from our:
Our pediatric hematology-oncology program is part of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG), the largest international consortium of pediatric cancer hospitals and clinicians. This association means we care for patients using the same protocols that the world’s foremost cancer centers follow.
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital is the region’s only institutional member of the Children’s Hospital Association. It is also home to the area’s only board-certified pediatric specialists in cancer care and other specialties. Our entire team of experts in more than 30 pediatric subspecialties has a passion for providing the highest quality care for our smallest patients. All of them are available to assist in the care of patients with cancer.
When you come to Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital for cancer care, multiple specialists will weigh in on your child’s care. This approach helps ensure a treatment plan is tailored to your child’s needs. Your care team may include:
- Pediatric hematologist oncologist – This doctor specializes in treating blood disorders and cancer in children. Our doctors are fellowship-trained in pediatric hematology oncology.
- Pediatric surgeon – This doctor is skilled in surgery and cares for children who may have surgical needs as part of their cancer care. Our pediatric surgeons are fellowship-trained in pediatric surgery specialties.
- Pediatric oncology-certified nurses – Many of our registered nurses have earned specialty certification in pediatric hematology oncology and are knowledgeable, compassionate partners in your child's medical care.
- Radiation oncologist – This doctor specializes in using radiation to treat cancer.
- Pediatric anesthesiologist – This doctor administers medicine during surgery to help infants, children and adolescents relax and fall asleep. Our pediatric anesthesiologists are all fellowship-trained in the use of anesthesia with young patients, and are the only team of pediatric anesthesiologists in the area.
- Pediatric radiologist – This doctor uses a variety of imaging technologies, such as X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scan, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), ultrasound and other imaging techniques to diagnose diseases and injuries in infants, children and adolescents. Our pediatric radiologists are all fellowship-trained in pediatric radiology.
- Supportive care specialists – Our team of supportive care specialists, such as our child-life specialists and physical therapists, are here to help your child manage coping with a serious illness.
Certified child-life specialists help kids cope with a visit to the hospital. They are experts in child development, and they partner with doctors, nurses, social workers and other members of your care team to meet the unique needs of your child and your family.
The child-life program at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital is the only one in the area where child-life specialists help children receiving medical treatment by offering opportunities for stress relief and relaxation, as well as distractions to make procedures easier.
Medical research helps advance therapies for rare diseases. Because we’re a member of COG, we can participate in dozens of clinical trials that explore promising treatments for pediatric cancer. This focus on research helps ensure every patient in our care gets the latest and best treatment.
More cancer services in one place
You can access leading cancer treatments in a kid-friendly space, at Children’s Cancer and Multipurpose Infusion Center at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital. The center is located close to our:
- Cancer specialists
- Imaging services
- Pediatric inpatient unit
- Children’s ER
- Radiation therapy services
- J.B. and Kathleen Reilly Children’s Surgery Center
Once cancer touches your life, you are forever changed. Our extensive support services help your child and your family manage the physical and emotional demands of cancer, from diagnosis to life after treatment.
Your children mean the world to you
At Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital, we take the very best care of them.