He said he looked forward to completing an initiative with WFN President Wolfgang Grisold of Austria to develop and distribute a practical global neurologic core curriculum addressing the minimal required knowledge, skills, training experiences and overall competencies of neurologists, among many other WFN global initiatives for neurologic education, training, and care.
Lewis’ involvement with the WFN has included key roles regarding neuroscience education and training worldwide. Some of his responsibilities include:
- Editor-in-Chief of Continuum, the official continuing medical education journal of the American Academy of Neurology; a joint initiative with the WFN provides print and online access to Continuum to neurologists from 49 neurological societies from low- and lower-middle income countries.
- Editor of World Neurology
- WFN Education Committee Chairman
- Teaching Course Committee Chair of the World Congress of Neurology (WCN) in 2019 (Dubai) and 2021 (Rome)
- Congress Committee Chair for WCN 2023 (Montreal)
“Steve is a leader in his field, and we are grateful he’s also a leader here at LVHN, helping Lehigh Valley Fleming Neuroscience Institute flourish and continue its great work on behalf of the people of the communities we serve,” said Robert Murphy Jr., MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Physician Executive, LVHN.