Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH) is the No. 1 hospital in the Lehigh Valley and among the top 10 hospitals in Pennsylvania on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals list. This is the ninth straight year LVH has been ranked No. 1 by the magazine, which also has recognized the hospital nationally among America’s Best Hospitals in various medical specialties 23 times since 1996. In 2022-23, LVH earned a high performing rating in six adult specialties, including:
Gastroenterology and GI Surgery – Our team of gastroenterologists are the best in the region and take a team approach when it comes to caring for our patients. We are a trusted partner in reflux treatment with a team of specialized surgeons and leading-edge, minimally invasive procedures that help our patients recover faster.
- Geriatrics – LVH’s board-certified geriatricians are specially trained to care for patients who are 65 and older. They provide high-quality care for the unique needs of older adults and treat conditions like Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, high blood pressure and arthritis.
- Neurology and Neurosurgery – Lehigh Valley Fleming Neuroscience Institute offers world-class, leading-edge neurological care that’s close to home. LVH was the first to achieve a Comprehensive Stroke Center designation on the East Coast and is the region’s only hospital designated as a Center for Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Care by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Orthopedics – Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute is the region’s leader in treating bones and joints, and our surgeons’ and doctors’ focus on quality is unparalleled. They use a combination of experience and leading-edge technology to offer patients the best care possible. We are the first health network in the region to use Mazor X Stealth Edition™ robotic guidance platform, which delivers improved accuracy and precision in back surgeries. We also have six robotic systems to assist in knee replacement surgery.
- Pulmonology and Lung Surgery – LVH’s pulmonologists take a multidisciplinary approach to caring for patients and use leading-edge treatments and testing for the best care. We are the first in the region to use robotic bronchoscopy, a treatment that leverages the power of flexible robotics to detect lung cancer quickly and efficiently.
- Urology - Our urologic specialists offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for men and women experiencing common and complex urologic problems. We offer leading-edge treatments for urologic cancers, benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate) and pelvic floor disorders.