Your trusted partners at LVHN are ready to help you every step of the way. From delivering COVID-19 testing and care, to providing information and motivation, LVHN’s heroes are here for you.
LVHN COVIDSTRONG is your source for COVID-19 news, health tips and encouraging stories. You also will find our safety messages on everything from billboards and TV shows, to newspapers and social media.
COVID-19 Assess and Test locations provide a distinct place for patients with COVID-19 symptoms to go, preventing them from interacting with patients who visit our ERs and ExpressCAREs for conditions other than COVID.
COVID-19 screenings also are available online and by phone. You can:
- Complete an E-Visit (detailed questionnaire visit submitted to a provider) by visiting MyLVHN.org or your MyLVHN app.
- Call the MyLVHN Nurse Information line at 1-888-402-LVHN.
- Complete an LVHN Video Visit by downloading the MyLVHN app.
Our commitment to safety is more evident than ever. We introduced extraordinary steps to keep you safe when you arrive for care. You can now check in and complete questionnaires on your cellphone. You spend little or no time in the socially distanced waiting room. Plus, strict cleaning protocols with visual cues tell you surfaces are sanitized.
LVHN uses technology to provide safe, compassionate care:
- Our remote patient monitoring system provides equipment to COVID-19 patients that allows you to record your blood oxygen levels and temperature at home. Your information is monitored by a nurse. If your condition changes, your care team will provide guidance quickly.
- iPads are in every patient room to give patients access to their medical records.
- LVHN nurses and support staff have iPhones to immediately access the information they need to care for you.
- Using this online tool, you can check your symptoms, and learn about testing and treatment.
Testing is critical to preventing the spread. The heroes at HNL Lab Medicine are leading the way. HNL invested in new equipment and is now performing thousands of test each day in the Lehigh Valley, which means faster results for you.
LVHN also conducted research to find a COVID-19 vaccine. When we asked our health care professionals to volunteer as participants in a clinical trial, our target number of applicants was reached within hours.
A COVID-19 survivor
The world-class care provided by LVHN’s health care professionals is exemplified in the story of Lata Annayya of Ringoes, New Jersey. She survived COVID-19 thanks to care provided by LVHN’s heroes.
Supporting our heroes
To help the heroes caring for our community, LVHN provides emotional support programs to those feeling stress. Flexible scheduling helps those who have to care for children and elderly at home. Numerous other programs and benefits also are available to support LVHN’s health care professionals through this crisis.
Yet the thing that helps our heroes most is you. The parades at our hospitals and the inspiring signs and artwork throughout the community motivate our heroes to forge ahead. Your motivation helps us reunite COVID-19 survivors with their loved ones.
Do your part
Stopping COVID-19 is not one person’s job. Everyone must work together to slow the spread of the virus. Commit to do your part and help protect your family, friends, the community and yourself.
- Always wear a mask in public.
- Practice social distancing and stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands frequently (or use hand sanitizer).
- Stay home if you are sick or have symptoms.