Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is one of the most advanced health networks in the nation. It’s also one of the best places to work as a nurse.
Being a nurse at LVHN means:
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to ensure excellent clinical outcomes
- Caring for patients in a safe environment with the latest health care technology
- Growing professionally and advancing your career
- Learning from other nurses and having a strong voice in decision making
LVHN Professional Practice Model
According to the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a professional practice model is the overarching conceptual framework for nurses, nursing care and interdisciplinary patient care. The professional practice model illustrates the alignment and integration of nursing practice with the mission, vision, philosophy and values that nursing has adapted.
Professional Governance Model
The conceptual framework for the professional governance model at LVHN is based on current organizational behavior theory inherent in ANCC’s Magnet® Recognition Program model.
Nurses are encouraged to participate in unit and hospital-wide professional governance models, meaning they have a say in decision making that impacts:
- Nursing practice
- Evidence-based practice and research
- Professional excellence
- Colleague recognition
- Unit operations
Center for Professional Excellence
The Center for Professional Excellence supports nursing at LVHN by:
- Directing and coordinating all aspects of the American Nursing Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program.
- Directing and coordinating requests for consultative program site visits
- Directing and coordinating the Friends of Nursing program
- Serving as an administrative liaison for the Professional Excellence Council and its work groups
- Facilitating and mentoring staff to present papers and posters at local, regional and national conferences and to publish in professional, peer-reviewed journals
- Leading and coordinating efforts to continuously increase the number of board-certified nurses
- Coordinating activities to promote and mentor staff to continuously enhance the professional practice model
- Managing reward and recognition programs and activities including the DAISY Award program