Professional Excellence Council
Lehigh Valley Health Network’s (LVHN) Professional Excellence Council (PEC) is a decision-making body whose purpose is to serve as the vehicle for development, implementation and coordination of activities designed for the recognition and promotion of professional nursing practice, professional excellence and leadership.
The council comprises clinical nurses representing each inpatient care unit as well as cancer, ambulatory, perioperative and home health services. There are three PEC working groups:
- Career Awareness and Professional Development
- Community Engagement
- Colleague Recognition and Retention
PEC works to enhance the visibility of professional nursing LVHN in the community. Programs include:
- Backpack buddies, a collection of school supplies and backpacks for local children
- Donations to LVHN Street Medicine Program.
- Donations to Hackerman-Patz House.
LVHN’s community engagement mission is to help our patients and members of the communities we serve live their healthiest lives. LVHN nurses participate in events in their communities like the Annual Community Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Campaign and MusikFest.