Emergency and Hospital Medicine Careers
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is growing to serve our community. This is a great opportunity for physicians and advanced practice clinicians to join our emergency and hospital medicine division.
Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG) is a physician-led organization caring for the communities served by LVHN. LVPG’s health care professionals provide exceptional care with focus on quality metrics related to population or community health. More than 2,000 primary care and specialty physicians, as well as more than 800 advanced practice clinicians are employed by the health network through LVPG.
Take advantage of an extraordinary opportunity to join LVHN – one of the nation’s most advanced health networks offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. LVHN comprises 13 hospital campuses, numerous health centers, physician practices, rehabilitation locations, ExpressCARE sites and other outpatient care locations in 10 eastern Pennsylvania counties.
Board-certified emergency medicine physicians are supported by advanced practice clinicians with emergency care training and specially trained emergency nurses. We have one of the largest emergency medicine residencies in the country, which gives us access to top emergency medicine trainees.
Practice highlights include:
- Large, multi-site employed group of more than 125 emergency physicians, including five toxicologists and more than 60 advanced practice clinicians.
- LVHN treats 300,000 ED patients annually in nine EDs (high-volume EDs: 100,000 patients annually; small-town, community hospital EDs: 30,000 patients annually).
- LVHN–MedEvac provides air and ground critical care transportation.
- Specialized trauma care is provided in our extensive trauma system – the only health system in Pennsylvania with hospitals to earn all four levels of trauma accreditation. Five LVHN hospitals have earned accreditation from the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation as certified trauma centers.
- Level I trauma center at LVH–Cedar Crest is the first trauma center in Pennsylvania and the largest and most comprehensive in the region. LVH–Muhlenberg is a Level II trauma center, LVH–Pocono is a Level III trauma center, LVH–Hazleton and LVH–Hecktown Oaks are Level IV trauma centers.
- LVHN’s Regional Burn Center is the only one in northeastern Pennsylvania certified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons.
- Physicians are eligible for academic appointment through the SELECT program (Scholarly Excellence. Leadership Experiences. Collaborative Training.), a medical education program created by the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and LVHN.
- Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital has the region’s only 24/7 emergency room dedicated to children. Located at LVH–Cedar Crest and built just for kids, the 27-bed Breidegam Family Children’s ER is staffed by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians who skillfully and compassionately care for ill and injured kids.
See our scholarly works
Our department has a rich tradition of research and scholarly work to advance the discipline of emergency medicine.View research and publications
The division of hospital medicine utilizes the highest level of communication, innovation and care coordination to deliver the best evidence-based, efficient, patient-focused care and an exceptional patient, family, guest and colleague experience.
Our hospitalist team has more than 150 outstanding physician and advanced practice clinicians, including physician assistants and nurse practitioners, who cover hospital medicine service lines at LVHN’s 13 hospitals. Hospitalists enjoy a dedicated home base with little or no travel between sites, an integrated medical staff and telemedicine to connect campuses to services.
Practice highlights include:
- Seven-on, seven-off schedule with 10-hour shifts
- Two weeks paid time off
- Well-established nocturnist program in several LVHN locations (seven-on, 14-off schedule with built-in PTO)
- 24/7 critical care support
- Optional procedures
- Physicians are eligible for academic appointment through the SELECT program (Scholarly Excellence. Leadership Experiences. Collaborative Training.), a medical education program created by the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and LVHN
- Moonlighting opportunities
- Growth opportunities and career development support, including CME allowance and tuition reimbursement