If your child needs emergency medical care, seek care from the experts at the region’s only Children’s ER, located at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest. Our board-certified pediatric emergency physicians, along with board-certified emergency physicians, are prepared to care for your child in a compassionate and child-friendly manner.
About the Children’s ER
Children’s ER treats about 20,000 children each year. This 12-bed facility is the only acute care facility within a 60-mile radius of LVH–Cedar Crest that is designed for children
Children’s ER is staffed by people who specialize in pediatric care:
- Board-certified pediatric emergency physicians
- Advanced practice clinicians experienced in pediatric care
- Nurses who are specially trained in pediatric emergency nursing
- Pediatric pharmacists for medication dosing
- Child-life specialists, who work to make the hospital experience less stressful
We focus on your child
When your child is experiencing an emergency illness or injury, we not only focus on helping them on the path to recovery, we also help them feel calm. To do that, we have:
- A dedicated pediatric waiting room to eliminate the anxiety children may feel seeing sick or injured adults
- Books, iPads and age-appropriate activities for patients and families in each of our private exam rooms
- Pain management methods such as “laughing gas” (nitrous oxide) and creams to numb the site of a needle stick
- Bubbles, music, movies or sugar-coated pacifiers to distract children and help them manage anxiety
- Interactive video displays on the walls and floors of the waiting room and treatment areas that help keep children entertained
- Fun, child-friendly décor, including a 7-foot-tall Ferris wheel made of K’Nex building blocks.
Our team is dedicated to helping you and your child during a medical emergency, and will treat your youngster with kindness and compassion.