In an emergency, you can count on expert care close to home at Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Carbon. The team at LVH–Carbon is prepared to care for both children and adults 24/7.
Emergency medicine for heart attack
If you are experiencing heart attack symptoms, including chest pain, shortness of breath or pain in your arms, neck, jaw or back – call 911.
Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute consistently ranks among the nation’s leaders in heart attack survival. Our MI Alert for Heart Attacks program saves lives and limits the amount of heart damage by educating area paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) to diagnose heart attacks in the field.
If you’re suffering from a heart attack, paramedics will immediately begin treatment and call ahead to alert our emergency medicine providers of your arrival.
Emergency care for stroke
Every second counts when it comes to stroke. Fast, aggressive care minimizes brain damage by ensuring adequate blood flow to the brain. That’s why you should always remember BE FAST. This acronym will help you remember the signs of a stroke and that you should act quickly.
- Balance – Sudden loss of balance
- Eyes – Blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Face – Face drooping or looks uneven
- Arms – One arm becomes weak or numb
- Speech – Slurred speech or seems confused
- Time – If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, call 911 immediately.