Coming Soon – Lehigh Valley Hospital–Carbon
Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Carbon, on Route 443 near Lehighton, will bring world-class care to the residents of Carbon County. This hospital campus is slated to open in spring 2022.
A hospital of the future, LVH–Carbon’s modern campus will include an easy-to-navigate hospital and an expansive range of health care services, including surgical care provided by Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, comprehensive heart care provided by Lehigh Valley Heart Institute, cancer care provided by Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute, a medical office building and an exemplary patient experience.
Watch our virtual groundbreaking
Highlighted services and care coming to LVH–Carbon in 2022
- Emergency care: 24/7 emergency room will treat all medical emergencies. On-site helipad will offer transport to critically ill patients.
- Patient focused: Hospital will have 18 private inpatient rooms to enhance your comfort, privacy and healing.
- On-site surgery: Inpatient and outpatient surgery services will be provided by surgeons with Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, as well as by independent physicians.
- Advanced imaging: You will find convenient access to radiology and imaging technologies such as MRI.
- Medical office building: You will find both primary care and specialty care practices in one convenient location.
- Cancer care: Expanded Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute care will offer access to world-class clinical trials and treatments through the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance.
- Diagnostic cardiology: Lehigh Valley Heart Institute will offer a range of diagnostic services in order to get an even better picture of your heart health.
- Rehabilitation: Both adult and pediatric rehabilitation services will be offered on-site.
The hospital campus also will offer complete outpatient diagnostic testing, access to state-of-the-art medical technologies and renowned Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) patient care.
LVHN care already in Carbon County
Other LVHN services and specialists already are available and serving patients in the area. These services include family practice, hematology oncology, cardiology, neurology, pulmonary and critical care medicine, vascular surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, rehab and a new Imaging and Breast Health Services center that opened in Mahoning Township last June.