Inpatient Cancer Unit
1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd
5th Floor, Kasych Family Pavilion
Allentown, PA 18103
Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute' s inpatient unit has 22 private rooms designed with patient safety and comfort in mind.
This unit is located on the fifth floor of the Kasych Family Pavilion. In addition to private rooms, the unit offers numerous amenities to ensure that patients have a comfortable place to get well and families have the space they need to support their loved one while they are in the hospital.
Some of the amenities include:
- All rooms have 55-inch TVs with Bluetooth compatibility so that patients can watch Netflix, movies, etc. by using their own cell phones or laptop computer.
- Smart beds are equipped with chargers for personal electronic devices.
- The beds have a modern built-in headboard against the wall to create a more “homelike atmosphere.” Each patient room includes a magnetic board for patients to post personal items (cards, pictures, inspirational quotes, etc.).
- Each of the private rooms protect patients from outside germs with positive pressure and HEPA filters in the ceiling. In addition, six rooms have positive pressure to protect the patient and negative pressure to protect both staff and other patients from any aerosolized infections.
- Other room features include a computer workstation, access to a private bathroom, showers with a foldable chair attached to the wall to offer additional safety and comfort for the patient, and a ceiling lift. One patient room is also lead lined for patients receiving radiation treatment.
- A meditation room for patient and colleague use is also available. The meditation room offers comfortable seating, dimmable lighting, aromatherapy, white noise and a small TV for guided meditation.
All finishes in the room can be scrubbed to achieve high levels of cleanliness and infection prevention.