Our newly-renovated patient care areas feature private rooms and serene décor, along with high-quality medical facilities you would expect from a full-service hospital. We serve residents of the Greater Hazleton area in lower Luzerne County, and nearby communities in Carbon and Schuylkill counties. As a community hospital for more than 100 years, we are here to make sure you have convenient access to quality health care to help you stay well or to help you during times of illness or emergency.
Highlighted services and care at LVH–Hazleton
- Emergency Room: In an emergency, you can trust in the care at LVH–Hazleton, an accredited Level IV Trauma Center. LVH–Hazleton is a Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program and an accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Ml Alert, Stroke Alert and telehealth programs help save lives. Patients who need higher level trauma care have 24/7 access to MedEvac transport to LVH–Cedar Crest and other tertiary centers.
- Family Birth and Newborn Center: Delivering a baby is a special event, and we want you to know you and your infant are in good hands at LVH–Hazleton. We have three private labor and delivery rooms, as well as nine postpartum suites, which feature private bathrooms and wall-sized wooden armoires with plenty of storage. Our family-centered birthing unit offers support during labor and delivery, and will help you prepare to take your new infant home.
- Gunderson Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation: Our comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program is designed for patients who have suffered an orthopedic injury, fracture, neurological disease, post-surgical condition, burn, amputation, spinal cord injury or other illness requiring intensive rehabilitation.
- Home Health: Lehigh Valley Home Care–Hazleton is the Greater Hazleton area's only hospital-based home care agency. Care offerings include in-home visits and remote patient monitoring technology to help you to maintain your independence and prevent any health complications.
- Surgery/Robotic Surgery: We are proud to offer a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient/short procedure surgical services, including bariatric (weight-loss) and da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgery with highly qualified robotic surgery certified surgeons
The team at LVH–Hazleton is here for you, offering many high quality services to our community, including heart care, diagnostic testing and imaging, interventional radiology, sleep disorders treatment and cancer care.
There is nothing like seeing a familiar and welcoming face when you visit a hospital, and that is just what you can expect at LVH–Hazleton.
Preview the Renovated Emergency Department