For those non-emergency situations, schedule a Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visit. If you have proxy access to your child's MyLVHN account, you can schedule a Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visit from wherever you are within the state of Pennsylvania. (See FAQs to learn more about proxy access and why you must physically be in Pennsylvania for the video visit.)
LVHN also offers Virtual Office Visits for children of all ages.
Children’s ExpressCARE video visit benefits
- Available every day of the year
- Can treat many common childhood conditions and illnesses
- Reasonable cost (just $49) – and may be covered by some health insurances
- Your child’s LVHN medical record provides important medical insights and is updated after the visit
In addition to having proxy access to your child’s MyLVHN account, please download the free MyLVHN app (available at Apple App Store and Google Play) to your video-enabled smart phone or other internet-connected smart device. Then you and your child can see an LVHN health care provider right from the convenience of your home. Because our health care provider can review your child’s LVHN electronic medical record, they have a full picture of your child’s health, such as any conditions or allergies he or she might have, a list of medications that may have been prescribed, whether this is a new or an ongoing health problem, etc. This helps ensure your child receives personalized and comprehensive care through the video visit.
Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visit: Illnesses and injuries
A Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visit is appropriate for children who have:
- Red Eye
- Rash/Skin Problems
- Seasonal Allergies
- Nausea/Vomiting/Diarrhea/Change in Stool Appearance
- Insect Bite/Tick Bite
- Cold Sore/Mouth Sore
- Emergent Refill Request*
- Flu/Shingles Exposure
- Animal Bite
*About refill requests: Not all medication refill requests can be fulfilled using this service:
- Controlled substances will not be refilled using this service.
- Some medication should only be prescribed by your personal physician or specialist.
For other refill requests, the video visit provider will make decisions on a case-by-case basis.
If your child's symptoms are not listed above or you need to speak with your child's LVPG provider, no problem. You can call your preferred provider or specialist to request an appointment. They can determine if a video visit or an in-person appointment is needed. Pediatric Virtual Office Visits with LVPG providers are available for children of all ages.
4 Tips for a Successful Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visit
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your visit.
- Find a room that is quiet and free of distractions, if possible. We get it – you are at home, so if we see your other kids or pets, that’s OK.
- Have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Log in to your MyLVHN account five to 10 minutes before your child’s scheduled appointment time.
- Have tools available. You’ll need a thermometer to check your child’s temperature, a flashlight to see into your child’s throat, the name of your pharmacy and a scale to check your child’s weight.
- Ask questions. Once your child’s provider joins, don’t hesitate to ask questions. This will be like every other visit – the only difference is proximity. After your child’s ExpressCARE Video Visit, you will receive a call from our LVPG team if the provider ordered labs, testing or a follow-up visit.
We look forward to seeing you for your scheduled visit.
Learn more about Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visits and the required proxy access you must have to schedule an appointment for your child in our Frequently Asked Questions: Children’s ExpressCARE Video Visits.