Nearly 25 percent of U.S. women are affected by pelvic floor disorders. Many women consider them to be part of the aging process and are too embarrassed to bring them up to their provider. The result is that these conditions often go untreated, affecting quality of life.
At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), our female pelvic medicine specialists are knowledgeable and compassionate and take the time to listen to what matters most to you. They understand that pelvic floor disorders can have a big impact on your daily life. They are committed to working with you and arriving at the best possible treatment options for you.
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecologists, Urology) specialists care for your pelvic floor
You don’t need to travel outside of our region to access high-quality care for pelvic floor disorders. We offer the latest advancements in diagnosing and treating female pelvic health (urogynecology, urology) concerns. We provide care and treatments for:
- Incontinence and “leakage” problems
- Interstitial cystitis (bladder pain)
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Female urinary tract infections (UTI)
Patient-centered female pelvic medicine care means better results
A female pelvic medicine specialist is a gynecologist who had three more years of education in a university fellowship program for female pelvic medicine (urogynecology, urology). You’ll quickly receive the right tests and treatments because our female pelvic medicine providers are highly educated and skilled in treating your specific concern. Your team will include:
- A female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery specialist
- Physician assistants
When needed, physical therapists with specialty training in the pelvic floor muscles provide pelvic floor therapy.
Leading-edge female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (urogynecology, urology) surgical care
Our female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (urogynecology, urology) specialists offer minimally invasive pelvic floor surgery to treat complex conditions. Our minimally invasive surgeries can be:
- Laparoscopic: Laparoscopy is minimally invasive surgery performed through small incisions in the abdomen. This method allows surgeons to reach areas harder to access vaginally.
- Vaginal: Vaginal surgery is minimally invasive surgery performed via the vagina.
- Robotic: Surgeons perform these minimally invasive procedures using robotic technology, allowing for more precision, faster recoveries and less blood loss.