The women’s health providers at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) deliver a broad range of female-centered care. From general obstetrics and gynecology services to specialized ones – like high-risk pregnancy care, advanced gynecologic surgery and female pelvic health – our experts provide the exact care you need, when you need it. LVHN blends experience, leading-edge technology, helpfulness and compassion for a personalized experience that’s second to none. We will partner with you and guide you through all the concerns and conditions that may occur over your lifetime – including pregnancy, childbirth and menopause.
Mammogram Screenings Temporarily Postponed
LVHN is temporarily postponing all mammogram screenings and visits from the mobile mammography coach to help keep patients and health care providers safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. Diagnostic mammogram exams will be performed when needed.
Prevention-focused women’s health care
We want you to lead a full, healthy life. That starts by preventing illness whenever we can. Our OB-GYNs offer:
- Pelvic exams and Pap smear tests: Your OB-GYN provider does pelvic exams and Pap smears to screen for abnormalities including cancer or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Imaging services: Ultrasounds for high and low risk pregnancy and gynecologic symptoms and conditions. Our ultrasound program is fully accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
- Mammogram screening: Mammograms are safe, low-dose X-rays used to detect breast cancer in its earliest, most treatable stage.
- Care for osteoporosis and osteopenia:
- Bone density screening: Bone density screening can help evaluate your risk for broken bones or osteoporosis.
OB-GYNs serve the unique health needs of women
As a woman, you have very special needs. At every age and stage of your life, our obstetricians and gynecologists respond to the whole woman and care for your every need, including:
- Sexual health and contraception
- Medical complications of pregnancy
- Fertility and family planning
- Mental, emotional and behavioral health
- Weight management
- Menopause and perimenopause
- Gynecologic problems, treatments and surgery
There are also times in your life when you may need a higher level of care. Our expert team is at your side for every concern, including:
- High risk pregnancy
- Incontinence and “leakage” problems
- Adolescent gynecology
- Abnormal Pap smears
- Fibroids and uterine diseases
- Breast problems
- Pelvic pain
- Well-being and family issues
- Heart disease
- Cancer care
OB-GYN specialists help you achieve your family dreams
If a family is in your future, our caring obstetricians work with you throughout pregnancy and your childbirth experience. We also have maternal fetal medicine experts who provide the highest level of care available for high-risk pregnancies and medical complications during pregnancy. This includes specialized childbirth services and mother and baby care in our perinatal units.