This page was last updated on 2/9/2021 at 8:21 PM.
You can receive a COVID-19 test, even without symptoms
Whether you need a COVID-19 test for work, school, travel or because you have a known exposure to the virus, you can receive testing at Lehigh Valley Health Network. A doctor’s order is required. Take the steps below to receive a COVID-19 test.
Step 1: Contact your primary care provider by phone or through the MyLVHN patient portal. Your provider can help you set up a virtual visit to discuss your need for a COVID-19 test. If you do not have a provider, call the MyLVHN Nurse Hotline at 888-402-LVHN (5846) or visit LVHN.org/virtualcare to learn about other virtual care options.
Step 2: Receive COVID-19 testing, if recommended during your virtual visit. Testing is available at HNL Lab Medicine locations and LVHN Diagnostic Care Centers.
- HNL Lab Medicine–Allentown Towne Center (Tilghman Street), 4727 Tilghman Street, Allentown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Carbon Plaza Mall, 1205 Blakeslee Boulevard Drive East, Lehighton
- HNL Lab Medicine–Hanover Avenue, 1302 Hanover Ave., Allentown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Mountain Top, 237 S. Mountain Blvd., Mountain Top
- HNL Lab Medicine–Pottsville, 1504 Pennsylvania 61, Pottsville
- HNL Lab Medicine–Health Center at Richland Township, 320 W. Pumping Station Road, Quakertown
- HNL Lab Medicine–West Hazleton, 8 Diana Lane, West Hazleton
- Mountain Healthcare Center at Tobyhanna, 100 Community Drive, Tobyhanna
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest, 1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Jaindl Family Pavilion, first floor, Allentown
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg, 2545 Schoenersville Road, second floor, Bethlehem
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–17th Street, 1627 W. Chew St., Allentown
- Diagnostic Care Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Schuylkill, 700 E. Norwegian St., Pottsville
Asymptomatic patients in the Hazleton area are encouraged to visit HNL Lab Medicine–West Hazleton or HNL Lab Medicine–Mountain Top rather than LVHN COVID-19 Assess and Test–Sherman Court. A prescription is required to receive testing at either HNL Lab Medicine location.
Insurance coverage for COVID-19 testing
Before getting a COVID-19 test, it is important that you verify and update your insurance information. Review this FAQ about insurance coverage for COVID-19 testing.
If you need COVID-19 testing prior to an upcoming procedure, visit the pre-procedure COVID-19 testing page.
Safety precautions at COVID-19 testing locations
Your safety is our No. 1 priority. We have measures in place to protect you:
- Screen – Care team members have their temperature taken and are screened before their shift begins.
- Distance – You will be asked to wait in your car after checking in. If you choose to wait in the waiting room, you’ll notice that chairs are spaced out to promote social distancing. Those who have an order for COVID-19 testing can receive the test from the comfort of their car. We continue to recommend virtual care options, like telephone visits, E-Visits and video visits for care that does not require an in-person appointment.
- Mask – All colleagues, patients and visitors are required to wear a face mask.
- Clean – You will see our team cleaning and disinfecting all areas to ensure they are ready for you.
Your COVID-19 test results
LVHN makes it convenient to view your test results. After your COVID-19 test, there’s no need to wait for a provider to call you. You can view your test results and quarantine instructions as soon as they are available on the MyLVHN patient portal. If you receive positive test results, an LVHN colleague will reach out to you with guidance. Should you have questions, you can send a message to your provider through MyLVHN or call 484-273-4368.
MyLVHN can be accessed from a computer (at MyLVHN.org) or through the MyLVHN mobile app (available for Apple or Android devices). It allows you to schedule appointments, pay bills and review your medical information all in one place.