This page was last updated on 9/28/2021 at 12:00 AM.
You can receive a COVID-19 test, even without symptoms
Step 1: Receive virtual COVID-19 screening. You need to have a prescription in order to get a COVID-19 test. The easiest and fastest way to get a prescription is to stay home and schedule a virtual screening visit. Virtual options to obtain a script include:
- Nurse line: 888-402-LVHN (5846), option 4
- COVID-19 video visit:
- To be seen right away, use the “On Demand ExpressCARE Video Visit” option through your MyLVHN app. This option will place you in a virtual waiting room to be seen by a doctor. Click the “On Demand ExpressCARE Video Visit” found under the “Menu” bar.
- To schedule an ExpressCARE Video Visit appointment through your MyLVHN app at a time that is convenient for you, click “schedule an appointment or video visit” under the menu bar. Then choose the “ExpressCARE Video Visit with provider, video visit” option. Click "schedule now" and fill out the questions to be given a list of available appointment times.
- Complete an E-Visit (detailed questionnaire visit submitted to a provider) by visiting MyLVHN.org or your MyLVHN app. E-Visits can be found by clicking the “Menu” icon and then “E-Visits” (found under “Find Care” section of the Menu).
Step 2: Receive COVID-19 testing, if recommended during your virtual visit. Testing is available at HNL Lab Medicine locations and at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono Lab Services.
- HNL Lab Medicine–Richland Township, 320 West Pumping Station Road, Quakertown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Carbon Plaza Mall, 1205 Blakeslee Blvd. Dr. East, Lehighton
- HNL Lab Medicine–Hanover Ave., 1302 Hanover Ave., Allentown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Tilghman St., 4727 Tilghman St., Allentown
- HNL Lab Medicine–Mountain Top, 237 S. Mountain Blvd., Mountain Top
- HNL Lab Medicine–West Hazleton, 8 Diana Lane, West Hazleton
- Lehigh Valley Hospital–Pocono Lab Services, front entrance, 206 E. Brown St., East Stroudsburg
- HNL Lab Medicine–Pottsville, 1504 Pennsylvania 61, Pottsville
Insurance coverage for COVID-19 testing
Before getting a COVID-19 test, it is important that you verify and update your insurance information. Review this FAQ about insurance coverage for COVID-19 testing.
If you need COVID-19 testing prior to an upcoming procedure, visit the pre-procedure COVID-19 testing page.
Safety precautions at COVID-19 testing locations
Your safety is our No. 1 priority. We have measures in place to protect you:
- Screen – Care team members have their temperature taken and are screened before their shift begins.
- Distance – You will be asked to wait in your car after checking in. If you choose to wait in the waiting room, you’ll notice that chairs are spaced out to promote social distancing. Those who have an order for COVID-19 testing can receive the test from the comfort of their car. We continue to recommend virtual care options, like telephone visits, E-Visits and video visits for care that does not require an in-person appointment.
- Mask – All colleagues, patients and visitors are required to wear a face mask.
- Clean – You will see our team cleaning and disinfecting all areas to ensure they are ready for you.
Your COVID-19 test results
LVHN makes it convenient to view your test results. After your COVID-19 test, there’s no need to wait for a provider to call you. You can view your test results and quarantine instructions as soon as they are available on the MyLVHN patient portal. If you receive positive test results, an LVHN colleague will reach out to you with guidance. Should you have questions, you can send a message to your provider through MyLVHN or call 484-273-4368.
MyLVHN can be accessed from a computer (at MyLVHN.org) or through the MyLVHN mobile app (available for Apple or Android devices). It allows you to schedule appointments, pay bills and review your medical information all in one place.