Breast Reduction for Men
Need Immediate Care?
For emergency services, call 911.
For non-emergency walk-in care, try an ExpressCARE location.
Need help scheduling or have a question?
Call 888-402-LVHN (5846).
Up to half of all men in the United States experience some degree of enlarged breasts, or gynecomastia, at some point in their lives. At LVHN, our board-certified plastic surgeons expertly perform breast reduction surgery (mammoplasty) on men. During this procedure, your doctor removes excess skin, fat and glandular tissue from the breasts. The result? A more masculine, confidence-building look.
A man’s breast size may change due to:
- The use of certain medications
- Dramatic weight gain and loss
- Hormonal fluctuations
- A family history of gynecomastia
Benefits of breast reduction surgery for men
Breast reduction surgery can:
- Decrease breast size, volume and weight
- Make breasts more symmetrical in appearance
- Reduce skin infections that occur due to sweat build-up under large breasts
- Minimize pain and discomfort in the neck, back and shoulders
- Reposition and elevate nipples
What you should know about breast reduction surgery for men at LVHN
You receive expert care.
Breast reduction surgery is typically done in an outpatient setting and is relatively safe. Still, all surgeries carry risks. For your safety, the experienced LVHN medical team performs all breast surgeries in a fully equipped operating room.
Your surgery won’t be evident.
When possible, our doctors hide incision scars under the nipple areola.
Your procedure may be covered.
If you have significant asymmetry or pain, check with your health insurer to see if they’ll cover surgery costs.