LVHN is in the midst of an unprecedented period of growth that will give you convenient access to the world-class care you and your family need.
Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Hecktown Oaks, LVHN’s first newly built hospital in nearly 50 years, opened in June 2021. Located on Hecktown Road just off Route 33, the campus includes a full-service hospital providing cancer, heart, vascular, emergency, surgical, breast, joint and spine care, and more.
LVH–Carbon will open near Lehighton in 2022. Area residents will have access to a 24/7 ER, surgery, cancer and heart care, imaging, rehabilitation and more.
LVHN’s first hospital in the Scranton area, LVH–Dickson City, will open in 2022 with an ER and all private rooms. Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence and Coordinated Health–Scranton Orthopedics will bring nationally recognized surgical care to the region.
Larger, welcoming ERs
With state-of-the-art technology and double the number of private patient rooms, the new ER at LVH–Cedar Crest delivers exceptional care. The facility also includes an observation unit for people who don’t require a hospital stay but need additional care. This reimagined facility is built with a flexible, efficient design that allows observation beds to be used for emergencies or to accommodate patients during a surge at the hospital.
Within the same facility, the new Breidegam Family Children’s ER is double in size and built just for kids. With a dedicated entrance and waiting room, 27 treatment rooms, dedicated imaging and pharmacy services, and expert pediatric physicians and nurses, families have 24/7 access to specialized care at Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital, the community’s only children’s hospital.
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital growth spurt
- The expanded, renovated and colorful Jeffrey Paul and Grace Kathryn Feather pediatric intensive care unit includes 12 patient rooms, a family lounge and a specialty-trained staff that provides around-the-clock coverage.
- Kids can receive care for common illnesses and injuries without an appointment at Children’s ExpressCARE locations in Fogelsville and Palmer Township.
- Pediatric rehabilitation is now provided in our Health Center at West End.
- Our pediatric cleft lip and palate team grew to include a cleft surgeon, pediatric dentist, orthodontist and speech therapist partnering together to help children be their best.
These newly formed partnerships are creating better days ahead for you and your loved ones.
- Our world-class heart and vascular programs joined forces to create Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute. Placing heart and vascular care under one umbrella benefits you through more streamlined care that offers comprehensive treatment alternatives, exciting research opportunities and peace of mind. Our heart surgeons have been fixing hearts for more than 50 years.
- The Heart and Vascular Institute’s partnership with Penn Medicine ensures patients who need a heart transplant receive the highest level of care. Nearly 90 percent of patients who choose us for heart failure care receive all of their treatment at LVHN. Those who require a heart transplant are referred to Penn Medicine, whose teams are equipped to treat the most complex cases. After the transplant, patients receive all follow-up care at LVHN.
- Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute is taking cancer care in our community to the next level. A generous gift from Joe and Maureen Topper will be used to bring even more innovative and lifesaving clinical trials to this region, complement investments in advanced treatments and technologies, including stem cell transplantation and cellular therapies, and attract, recruit and retain the best physicians, nurses and staff.
- Pioneer neurosurgeon Walter Jean, MD, joined LVHN in 2021 as Chief of Neurosurgery. He is known world-wide for his expertise in complex brain surgery and is the only area physician using virtual reality technology for brain surgery. This groundbreaking technology allows brain surgeons to create a surgery plan by simulating different scenarios to find the best approach.