Neurology Residency Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in LVHN's Neurology Residency Training Program. Applicants must also register through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) match.
Our application season opens on September 15 of each year. We will only accept applications submitted through ERAS.
We begin contacting applicants selected to interview with us in late September or early October. Our application deadline is October 31; however, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible to expedite scheduling of interviews. Interviews are held from October through December.
Currently, we accept two adult neurology residents per year. We are a Joint Advanced/Preliminary (AP) Program through the NRMP. If you would like more information about the Joint A/P please refer to the NRMP website.
Being a joint program applicant, you do not need to apply to our preliminary year — you will only apply to the neurology residency program in ERAS. Applicants unsure of the above information are encouraged to reach out to our program specialists for more information.
- Graduated from medical school within the last two years.
- Must successfully pass USMLE/Comlex Steps 1 and 2 on the first attempt
- Participation in research and quality improvement activities
- Program will consider sponsoring J1 visas. Applicants must have US clinical experience
- Your ERAS application must have at least one letter of recommendation from a neurology rotation