When it’s time to welcome your baby, the experienced and supportive care team at Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Pocono is here for you.
When it’s time to welcome your baby, the experienced and supportive care team at Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Pocono is here for you. The Family Birth and Newborn Center at LVH–Pocono is a beautiful, secure maternity unit. We offer a variety of accommodations to ensure your comfort and safety.
The Family Birth and Newborn Center consists of four labor and delivery rooms and 12 postpartum suites with private bathrooms and plenty of storage to help you feel at home during your stay. The center also contains its own cesarean birth suite, including an operating and recovery room, so cesarean section deliveries can be performed within the security of the unit, as well as a large nursery.
At the Family Birthing Center, we're prepared to ease your anxiety and assist in your joyous birthing experience. The center offers:
- In-house midwifery care available 24 hours a day
- Comfort measures including the availability of nitrous oxide to help expectant mothers manage labor pains.
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for babies who are born prematurely, experience difficulties during delivery or show signs of medical complications
- Support and education including prenatal education classes, free car seat checks, childbirth and breastfeeding classes and support from the Nurse Family Partnership
- A family room providing a comfortable and safe waiting area while baby is in our care
Patient safety is paramount in any care setting, but it's a heightened concern throughout pregnancy and childbirth. The Family Birth and Newborn Center is a secured unit, so you can rest assured you and your baby will have a safe and comfortable birthing experience. Approved visitor passes are needed after hours (8 p.m.-8 a.m.).