Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) was once again among fundraising leaders in the annual American Heart Association (AHA) Lehigh Valley and Berks Heart Walk at Grange Park in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
LVHN Walkers Raise More Than $9,500 in Annual American Heart Association Event
LVHN had 17 teams, more than 200 walkers, in Lehigh Valley/Berks Walk
Funds raised support research, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training, and more.
“LVHN colleagues are extraordinary year in and year out in their support for this event,” says Kyle Garon, cardiovascular outreach specialist with Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute. “It’s a great feeling supporting this cause.”
The incredible numbers
LVHN was the second highest fundraising company involved in the Sept. 25 walk, raising $9,586 to support the AHA’s lifesaving mission. Overall, the walk smashed its $130,000 fundraising goal by nearly $25,000.
LVHN finished in second place in the Move More Challenge with 13,701 minutes. In the Move More Challenge, participants logged their minutes of moving in the 30 days before the walk, be it from running, walking, dancing or even running the vacuum cleaner.
Team Heart & Sole (LVH Cardiology–1250 Cedar Crest) placed first out of all teams in the Move More Challenge with 9,564 minutes. The same team raised more than $3,500, good for fourth place among all teams in the walk. Heart & Sole’s Jevon Newberry placed first out of all walkers in the Move More Challenge with 8,802 minutes.
Coaches take a bow
A special thanks to all the coaches of LVHN teams:
- Chrissy’s Cup – Christine Lutes
- CHS Heart Warriors – Jeannie Ong
- CVOR Team – Lori Fuehrer
- EMS Hazleton – Michael Bowman
- Heart & Sole – Jevon Newberry, Kelly Neff, Michelle Grigg, Thya Riley
- HO Therabandits – Kassy Kresch
- Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute – Kyle Garon
- LVH Outpt Reg & (CH) Rehab Svcs – Terra Appling
- LVHN Cardiac Rehab – Theresa Mylet
- LVHN CC Therapy – Nicole Bailey
- LVHN Young Professionals – Sherry Tomaine
- MVPs – Franchesca Reyes
- Regional Heart Center – Jen Meihofer
- The Heart of Education – Christina Tomsic
- Tick-Tock We Don’t Stop – Meg McGonagle
- Wyatt's Whalers – Erin Yaworski