Medical Student Rotations
Fourth-year medical students
LVHN offers elective rotations to fourth-year medical students from LCME- and AOA-accredited medical schools in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. Students must apply through the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) Students will receive a VSAS email notification with the department’s decision to approve or not approve a request within four weeks of applying for a rotation.
- Additional details regarding LVHN requirements may be found on VSAS on the LVHN Institution Profile page.
- There is a $50 VSAS processing fee for each accepted rotation. The payment link is provided in the offer letter (email). You can also request housing on this form.
- Personal transportation is required for all rotations.
- Low-cost housing is available in the Allentown area, and is in close proximity to our Cedar Crest and Muhlenberg campuses.
See below a list of rotations available in Internal Medicine.
- Acting Internship
- Cardiology Consult
- Cardiology-Acute Coronary Care
- Clinical Allergy/Immunology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Palliative Medicine & Hospice
For more details on these rotations, please see catalog under additional resources.