As the Transitional Medicine program is based in the Department of Medicine, the medicine grand rounds schedule is incorporated into the program. This session occurs on Tuesdays from noon to 1 p.m. from September through May. The topics vary depending on the scheduled subspecialty and include all medicine subspecialties as well as areas of ethics, hospitalist / general internal medicine, and visiting professor grand rounds.
Past topics have included:
- HIV Opportunities Lost and Found
- Bad Bugs in Cystic Fibrosis
- Your Frontal Lobes: What's Going on up There?
- Dr. Strange Tech, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Innovation
- Resident of the Year Presentation
In addition to outside speakers, LVHN departments often present updates in their specialty to the Department of Medicine staff regarding news and recent literature on pertinent topics. Other departments also provide grand rounds within their specialty, including surgery as the joint transitional medicine-sponsoring department.