Emergency Room at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest
1270 South Cedar Crest Boulevard
Allentown, PA 18103
EASE ER app keeps you informed
Download the EASE app before your arrive to stay up to date on your progress in the ER. You can share your updates with selected family and friends.
An ER partner you can trust
In an emergency, you can trust in the care at the Fleming Trauma System and Mattioli Level I Trauma Center at Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Cedar Crest. We are the region's largest accredited Level I trauma center for adults, provide the region's highest level of trauma care for children, and are the only health care provider in the area that specializes in trauma care for older
LVH-Cedar Crest ER offers:
- Comprehensive trauma, burn and neurology emergency services, 24/7
- MI Alert for Heart Attacks and Stroke Alert programs designed to deliver fast, gold-standard care for the best outcomes possible.
- The Walter J. and June H. Okunski Burn Recovery Center is Pennsylvania’s largest burn center and is verified to treat adults and children
- A quick care area for patients with less severe injuries, like fractures or cuts
Watch this video to learn about the triage process in the emergency room (also available with Spanish subtitles).
Emergency medicine for heart attack
If you are experiencing heart attack symptoms, including chest pain, shortness of breath or pain in your arms, neck, jaw or back – call 911.
Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute consistently ranks among the nation’s leaders in heart attack survival. Our MI Alert for Heart Attacks program saves lives and limits the amount of heart damage by educating area paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) to diagnose heart attacks in the field.
If you’re suffering from a heart attack, paramedics will immediately begin treatment and call ahead to alert our emergency medicine providers of your arrival.
Emergency care for stroke
Every second counts when it comes to stroke. Fast, aggressive care minimizes brain damage by ensuring adequate blood flow to the brain. That’s why you should always remember BE FAST. This acronym will help you remember the signs of a stroke and that you should act quickly.
- Balance – Sudden loss of balance
- Eyes – Blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Face – Face drooping or looks uneven
- Arms – One arm becomes weak or numb
- Speech – Slurred speech or seems confused
- Time – If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, call 911 immediately.
LVH–Cedar Crest is a Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center that provides rapid diagnosis of the type of stroke, targeted therapies – such as clot busting medication (intravenous thrombolytic) or interventional clot retrieval. We have been recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
Should your child need emergency care, Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest is home to the region’s only Children’s ER. Our board-certified pediatric emergency physicians, along with board-certified emergency physicians, are prepared to care for your child in a caring and child-friendly environment.