Sometimes the journey back to health means you need more thorough treatment. If you’ve suffered a major illness or injury, LVHN’s inpatient rehabilitation program can help you regain functionality and achieve your best health.
Our team of physiatrists (rehabilitation physicians), rehabilitation nurses, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, occupational therapists and others create an individualized rehabilitation plan suited to your unique needs. With us, you’ll receive 24/7 care as you work toward your rehabilitation goals.
Rebuilding lives, one step at a time through inpatient rehabilitation
Suffering a major injury or illness can mean loss of function and self-sufficiency. But recovery is possible with the help of our dedicated rehabilitation specialists.
At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), our rehabilitation professionals treat a variety of complex medical conditions, helping you return to your best health and the highest level of independence possible. Our inpatient rehabilitation facilities see individuals who have experienced conditions like:
- Orthopedic injuries, including fractures
- Neurological diseases, conditions and injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-surgical complications
Our physicians, social workers, nurses, case managers and other health care providers will refer you for inpatient rehabilitation as needed.
Your rehabilitation care team
Your rehab team includes specialists from multiple medical disciplines, including:
- Physiatry: Helps people who have lost function due to illness and injury.
- Physical therapy: Therapeutic exercise and activity designed to help preserve, enhance or restore movement and physical function.
- Occupational therapy: Therapy designed to promote a person’s ability do activities of daily life, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, cooking, finances and homemaking.
- Speech language pathology: Therapy designed to assess and treat individuals with swallowing, speech, language and cognitive (memory, judgement, processing) difficulties.
Your care team also includes specially trained providers – all with the knowledge and expertise needed to provide you with the highest level of care possible:
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Social workers
- Case managers
LVHN inpatient facilities
LVHN offers five state-of-the-art inpatient rehab facilities to aid in your recovery. Each center features:
- A therapy gym
- A full kitchen
- Specialized rehabilitation equipment
Additionally, some facilities offer treatments using innovative equipment like the Bioness® Vector Gait System. This device acts as a harness, helping you learn to stand and walk again. Other specialized treatment features may include:
- Telemetry beds
- Activities of daily living suites
Your inpatient rehabilitation stay
Our inpatient rehabilitation program is an intensive process that is tailored to suit your individual needs. Learn more about what to expect when participating in inpatient rehab.