After injury or illness, it can be tough getting back on your feet. If part of your recovery includes rehabilitation, LVHN is ready to support you. We offer a full range of rehabilitation services, including both inpatient and outpatient programs, at multiple convenient locations.
With five inpatient locations and more than 40 outpatient facilities, LVHN offers numerous opportunities for rehabilitation care. Our rehab services include a wide range of therapies and specialized programs to treat even the most uncommon conditions. We are with you every step of the way, as you work to reach your rehabilitation goals.
Comprehensive rehab services
We will help you achieve your rehabilitation goals with services for adults and children:
- Physical therapy: Increase your strength muscle tone coordination posture endurance flexibility and safe functional mobility through the use of therapeutic techniques and equipment.
- Occupational therapy: Restore your ability to engage in daily activities through cognitive retraining, splinting, and therapeutic exercises. Learn new ways to accomplish daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating and performing work responsibilities. When indicated our occupational therapists will recommend changes in your home or workplace to achieve the highest safe functional level possible. .
- Speech language pathology: If you have a condition that impacts your communication, ability to swallow or cognitive processing, a speech language pathologist will work with you to improve your ability to communicate, express yourself clearly, and consume foods and beverages safely.
- Audiology: We provide diagnostic testing for hearing loss and recommend devices when required to amplify hearing.
Keep in mind – the entire LVHN team is with you every step of the way as you achieve your rehabilitation goals. Our large health network gives you access to health care providers from any medical specialty, so you always get the care you need. And because we use electronic health records, your entire health care team can track your rehabilitation journey as you achieve your wellness goals.
Inpatient rehabilitation programs
Sometimes the journey back to health requires more intense treatment and therapy. Our 24-hour inpatient rehabilitation programs offer comprehensive therapies and care around the clock for people recovering from conditions such as stroke, brain or spine injury and cancer to help you reach your highest level of independence.
Your rehabilitation team includes medical professionals from multiple specialties, including:
- Physiatrists (rehabilitation physicians)
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
Each rehab program is individually tailored to meet your unique needs. And because inpatient rehab occurs within a hospital setting, your care team is always nearby.
Outpatient rehabilitation programs
We offer a variety of outpatient rehabilitation programs designed to meet your unique needs and personal goals. We maximize convenience for you by offering outpatient rehabilitation services in more than 40 locations.
We can help adults and children recover from most any condition — from sports injuries and joint pain to stroke recovery and cancer related conditions. Our outpatient rehabilitation programs address a wide range of conditions, including:
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Neurologic conditions
- Cancer and lymphedema conditions
- Work injury
- Pelvic conditions and pain
- Pediatric developmental and musculoskeletal conditions
- Concussion and brain injuries
- Swallowing and voice disorders
We offer complete pediatric rehabilitation services for children of all ages. Our specially trained pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapists are ready to help meet your child’s particular needs.