On Thursday, May 19, Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) will open Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Dickson City, bringing world-class, compassionate care to the Lackawanna County community.
The campus on Main Street includes a 100,000-square-foot state-of-the-art hospital with an extensive range of patient care and advanced diagnostic testing and a previously opened Health Center. The hospital has a surgical specialty focus with seven operating rooms and two procedure rooms.
The community will also have access to premier emergency care, with a 19-bay emergency room (ER) and a helipad for times when a higher level of care is needed.
LVH–Dickson City was constructed with patient comfort top of mind and features 24 private inpatient rooms.
“This campus will be an indispensable part of the community, healing its residents and helping them live their best lives,” says Michael A. Rossi, MD, LVHN Executive Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer. “Great health care is part of what makes a community special.”
The new hospital has created more than 250 new jobs and will be led by President Kim Jordan, DNP. Jordan has more than three decades of nursing experience.
“My nursing background has always been my North Star because I know first-hand the value of compassionate care,” says Jordan. “I know the importance of always putting the patient first, of fulfilling the trust they have in their caregivers. It is the foundation of what we do.”
Services provided at LVH–Dickson City include:
- Unmatched surgical expertise – Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence is known for its expertise in less invasive techniques and robotic technology. Surgical and procedural programs that will be offered at this campus include spine, joint replacement, general orthopedic surgery, hand surgery, general surgery, ENT, urology, bariatric surgery and GI surgery.
- Advanced imaging – From CT (computed tomography) to ultrasound, X-ray and fluoroscopy, advanced imaging will be in one convenient location.
- 24/7 emergency room – The 19-bay emergency room will be equipped to provide care for everything from minor issues to more complex problems, all while providing an exceptional patient experience.
- Telemedicine technology – Our secure virtual-care technology means all the specialists in the health network are at your fingertips.
- Private inpatient rooms – All inpatient rooms are private for added comfort.