Your child needs surgery. Regardless of the seriousness of the procedure, it’s your child. So surgery will be a difficult occasion for you and for your entire family. You want to be sure your child is in the best hands possible. You also want the entire process to be as uncomplicated as possible.
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital can answer your child’s needs for pediatric surgery. We’ve performed more than 26,000 pediatric surgeries over the past decade. Our experienced surgical team aims to do what’s safest for your child while producing the best results. We provide high quality, advanced pediatric care so your family can remain close to home.
J.B. and Kathleen Reilly Children’s Surgery Center is the only pediatric outpatient surgery facility in the region. Our pediatric surgeons use minimally invasive, state-of-the-art technology for general pediatric surgeries, including surgical urology, ear nose and throat, plastic surgery, dental and other outpatient procedures.
Marybeth Browne, MD, is one of the country’s authorities on quality and safety in pediatric surgery. She performs minimally invasive (small-scar) pediatric surgery and has taught residents and fellows this pediatric technique. Her goal is to provide the highest quality and safety care for your child.
Michele Clement, MD, is one of only 325 fellowship-trained pediatric urologists in the United States. Her expertise makes Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital a unique destination for this specialty.
Sri K. Chennupati, MD, FAAP, is the Lehigh Valley’s first fellowship-trained pediatric otolaryngologist, a physician who treats patients with diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat (ENT) as well as related structures of the head and neck.
Why come to Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital for your child’s surgery?
- We care for infants and children
- Our pediatric surgeons and specially educated nurses have many years of experience working with children. They are available for care on the Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We have the region's only dedicated pediatric anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), who will identify and safely relieve your child's pain before, during and after surgery, using both medication and distraction
- If your child needs to stay overnight, Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital offers the most wide-ranging, specialized health care services of any facility in the region. It’s unique to the region, home to the only Children’s ER and pediatric intensive care unit.
- Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital is the region’s only associate member of the Children’s Hospital Association (CHA), the organization that recognizes children’s hospitals in the United States.
- Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital is the region’s only member of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Project for Pediatrics. This is a program that compares surgical outcomes to more than 60 other children’s hospitals throughout the country and has been found to significantly decrease morbidity and increase the quality and safety of pediatric surgical care.