Visiting Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute: What to expect
We offer multidisciplinary clinics for many types of cancer, including breast cancer and colorectal cancer, allowing you to meet with multiple experts in one visit. Our doctors, including medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, will get to know you and develop a personalized treatment plan. Find out more about our multidisciplinary cancer clinics.
When you visit the Cancer Institute, we will:
- Perform a physical examination
- Recommend additional tests, if needed, such as genetic testing for cancer to learn more about your family’s history of cancer
- Explain your cancer treatment options and help you determine the treatments that best meet your needs
- Connect you with members of our cancer support team, including social workers who specialize in helping people with cancer. Find out more about cancer support services.
- Provide you with next steps for your care, such as a date for surgery, radiation therapy or chemotherapy
How to prepare for your appointment at the Cancer Institute
Please have the following on hand when you arrive for your appointment:
- Completed health questionnaire (we typically send the questionnaire to you by mail in advance of your appointment)
- Copies of lab reports, X-rays or other tests if you have them
- Health insurance card
- List of current medications, vitamins and supplements and any drug allergies
- Questions you may have for our cancer care team
- Photo ID
- Physician referrals (if necessary)
Cancer financial coordination services
Insurance covers many of our services, including second opinions for cancer. Calling your insurance provider in advance of your visit can help you find out more about your benefits.
If you need help paying for your care, our financial coordinators are available to discuss your options. Learn more about cancer care financial coordination services.