The nutrition specialists at Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute know how difficult a cancer diagnosis can be on you and your family. If you are facing this condition, we are here to support you in all areas of your health and well-being.
Cancer nutrition at Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute
Our team of registered dietitians has specific expertise in cancer nutrition. We work closely with you to develop a personalized nutrition plan to help improve and maintain your quality of life during and after treatment. Some specific ways we can support you include:
- Providing diet education to help you manage your nutrition-related side effects
- Completing a personalized analysis of your diet
- Assessing for and managing any cancer-related malnutrition you are experiencing
- Discussing nutritional and herbal supplement options
- Providing post-treatment diet and nutrition survivorship education
Several of our dietitians have advanced degrees or are board-certified in oncology nutrition. We also participate in tumor board meetings (multidisciplinary clinics and our Survivor PLACE program), where doctors and other specialists discuss individualized care and support plans for patients being treated at the Cancer Institute.