Need Immediate Care?
For emergency services, call 911.
For non-emergency walk-in care, try an ExpressCARE location.
Need help scheduling or have a question?
Call 888-402-LVHN (5846).
When you come to LVHN, you have many options for meeting your weight and health goals. You may be considering bariatric surgery, or you may be working with a physician on a medical weight-loss plan. No matter what path you choose, nutrition education is crucial.
Our registered dietitians (RDs) provide a comprehensive nutritional assessment, create a customized nutrition plan and provide information and resources to help you stay on track toward your health goals.
We help and support patients who are in the bariatric surgery program as well as patients who are in our general weight-loss program. The first step is a comprehensive nutritional evaluation. We discuss your:
- Weight history
- Realistic weight-loss goals
- Food and eating habits
- Activity level
- Medical conditions you may have
After our discussion, you receive customized nutrition education based on your specific needs to help you reach your goals. This may include a referral to our behavioral health services.
If you are having bariatric surgery, our RDs will:
- Educate you about the specific dietary changes required for successful weight loss
- Provide nutrition education and support throughout your experience
- Evaluate your dietary habits and suggest changes
Ongoing nutrition education
We provide the ongoing support and guidance you need to stay on track with your weight loss. Support can include:
- Food trackers (food journals), where you note when, where and what you ate and how you felt while you were eating
- Activity trackers, where you note when, where and what activity you did every day
- Recipe suggestions
- Meal or snack ideas