Medical Weight Management
Need Immediate Care?
For emergency services, call 911.
For non-emergency walk-in care, try an ExpressCARE location.
Need help scheduling or have a question?
Call 888-402-LVHN (5846).
At LVHN, we use a whole-person approach to weight loss, considering your goals, overall health and preferences. Our team of physicians, nurse practitioners, behavioral health specialists and registered dietitians develops a customized plan that fits your lifestyle.
Obesity is a disease associated with many health conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Losing excess weight not only helps you feel better but also lowers the risks associated with these conditions.
Our team has extensive experience helping people lose weight and keep it off. Take steps today to feel better and improve your health.
Features of our medical weight loss program:
Led by a team of experts
Medically supervised weight loss means that you are under a physician’s care during your entire weight-loss journey. Our experienced weight-loss providers have helped thousands of people meet their health goals. Our team also includes:
- Expert nurse practitioners with specific focus in weight loss and weight management
- Behavioral health specialists to help you change your approach to eating and address the underlying emotional triggers that could be contributing to your relationship with food
- Registered dietitians who work with you to create an eating plan that considers your lifestyle and food preferences
Customized to your needs
Our weight-loss plans are as unique as our patients. We find the right combination of treatments that fits your needs. Your weight-loss goals, any other conditions you may have, preferences and lifestyle all help determine the right path for you.
Your plan may include a wide range of treatments, from behavior modification to dietary changes. Weight loss is not a one-time fix. Our team will be with you for the long term, helping you achieve your ideal health and well-being. Learn more about obesity.
You and your team will decide together if you are a good candidate for weight-loss medications. These medications must be used in combination with regular physical activity and a healthy eating program.
People with certain chronic health conditions or who are taking specific medications may not be able to take weight-loss medications. Talk to your provider about your health history and any conditions you may have.
Maintaining a healthy weight can be challenging. Our behavioral health specialists help identify unhealthy habits and share techniques to help you modify behaviors. At LVHN, you work one-on-one with a behavioral health specialist, learning new eating habits and how to make lifestyle changes to improve your health.
Our specialists teach you techniques for maintaining weight loss. These strategies include:
- Food journaling: Note where and when you ate, when you began feeling hungry and how you felt when eating.
- Activity journaling: Similarly, note when, where and how you were active and how you felt during the activity.
- Reward system: Reward yourself (with a non-food reward) to help stay on track toward your weight-loss goals.
- Food serving: Serve food from the stove rather than family style, to keep you from eating more when you are full.
- Distraction-free eating: During mealtime, focus only on eating – don’t watch TV, read or do another activity. This mindful approach to eating helps you realize when you are full, so you tend to eat less.