Application Instructions for Emergency Medicine Residency
- After an introduction and a presentation, candidates are split into groups.
- You will tour our Level 1 Trauma Center and our community hospital in addition to your interview.
- You will have four to five interviews, each with one to two interviewers.
- We will treat you to lunch and afterward we have an informal dinner in the evening with our residents.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding your interview day. We welcome you to interview day and hope you have a great experience with us.
***Please note that for the 2020-2021 interview cycle, we will be completing all interviews virtually, per ACGME policy, due to the COVID19 pandemic. We invite you to apply via ERAS as noted above. As we will unfortunately not be able to meet in person and provide an in-person tour of our facilities, we will be providing virtual video tours on your interview day. We understand the challenges that these changes bring to the application and interview process and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Application Instructions for Elective Rotations
All elective rotations in the directory are approved on a first-come/first-served basis and are coordinated through VSAS. Personal transportation is the responsibility of the student and is required for all elective rotations, since travel between LVHN's campuses may be necessary. The following prerequisites must be met before a request will be considered:
- Student must be in good academic standing with their medical school.
- Student must be in the fourth year of medical school, having completed all clerkships required by their school.
- Student must be fully covered by liability or malpractice insurance through their medical school.
- Student must be covered by personal health insurance through their medical school or submit documentation of alternate coverage with the elective application.
If all the above conditions have been met, on April 1, medical students may submit a request for an emergency medicine elective, via VSAS, with the following information:
- Medical school and year
- Elective being requested
- Rotation dates
Once an approval email has been sent out, the residency office will notify the Department of Education (DOE). DOE will refer you to the website for completion of the application.
An email notice with the schedule, emergency medicine orientation handbook and all of the rotation needs will be sent via email in the calendar prior to the start date of the rotation. Orientation date/time/location, housing and check-in procedures will be sent to the student one week prior to the start date of the rotation. Housing is available in the School of Nursing on the Lehigh Valley Hospital-17th Street campus and also in the Anderson Wing of the Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest campus. Housing assignments are determined by the availability of beds at the time of the scheduled rotation and are pre-assigned for the current academic year.
Dawn Yenser, C-TAGME
Emergency Medicine Residency
2545 Schoenersville Road
5th Floor - South Building
Bethlehem, PA 18017
You can contact Dawn at 484-884-2888 or by email.
Questions regarding the application and/or rotation procedures may be addressed to:
Division of Education
1247 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18103
610-402-2316 or 610-402-2554