Why I chose LVHN:
- "I was drawn to LVHN because of the people that run the program. The faculty in the psychiatry program are very excited to have the residents here and are very eager to guide and develop our careers. Since starting my residency here, I have quickly come to realize that this excitement is not just in the psychiatry department. In fact, every department in the hospital seems to see the need for psychiatry in the Lehigh Valley and is very supportive of ensuring that we are well equipped to handle the complex nature of our patients. This kind of support has been invaluable to my development as a resident."
- "It is the perfect combination of the resources of a large academic institution and intimacy of a small community hospital. The psychiatry department here is compromised of great clinicians, educators and mentors whose tutelage will be instrumental in my becoming a great psychiatrist."
- "As a medical student, I fell in love with the Network and the people we serve. I knew that I wanted to remain in the Valley to train as a psychiatrist."
- "The people! On my interview day, I was drawn in by how welcoming and friendly everyone was. I was able to see how dedicated the faculty and staff were to provide the best education and learning experience possible for their residents and medical students. Additionally, I was excited by the idea of contributing and helping mold this new program to ensure that myself, my co-residents and future residents will become highly-skilled and compassionate psychiatrists."
- "I chose Lehigh because it had everything I was looking for in a residency program: broad clinical exposure with various levels of care, emphasis on resident education, teaching opportunities, and incredibly personable faculty and residents. I am learning so much from the diverse group of patients I meet every day. I love working with my colleagues."
- "I felt incredibly welcomed and at home when I came to LVHN to interview. In addition to LVHN being close to where I grew up, all the staff were extremely friendly."
- "From the comradery I quickly sensed among the psych residents to the warm feel of the hospital and staff, it quickly became apparent that LVHN was the best fit for me. There is plenty to do in the area without the crowded atmosphere of a larger city. The psychiatry attendings are great clinicians and able to create a productive learning environment."
- "I chose LVHN because of the welcoming feeling I got from every single person I met, the curriculum, the number of teaching faculty available, and the chance to be one of the first residents of a new program."