It’s all about your family and your ever after. You want people who will listen to you and help you get the birth experience you want. Does your ideal labor include hydrotherapy, a birthing ball or other comfort measures? Perhaps you prefer the comfort of laboring in bed. At LVHN, we’ll listen to your preferences and help guide you to create a personal birth experience so you get the safest, most memorable labor and delivery possible.
Family-focused care. However you define family.
Does your life play out in bold, brush strokes with lots of family around you during life’s big moments? Perhaps you prefer a more intimate experience, shared with a single loved one by your side. Either way, our delivery suites offer plenty of room to move around, and comfortable furnishings for both you and your loved ones.
Here are some of our many amenities and services you can expect:
- Personal nurse liaison to guide you throughout your prenatal care, from your first obstetrics appointment through your postpartum visit
- Baby Bundle, a comprehensive guidebook for pregnancy and baby’s first year available as a book, e-book and mobile app
- Maternal fetal medicine (MFM) specialists available 24 hours a day for high-risk and complex pregnancies
- Educational videos during your third trimester to help you prepare for delivery
- Baby care videos and classes available in the hospital before discharge
- Homelike mother-baby rooms with spa-inspired bathrooms and amenities
- Comfort measures such as hydrotherapy and birthing balls for relief during labor
- Brahms Lullaby chime to announce the birth of your precious newborn
- Wi-Fi to keep loved ones connected through Facetime
- Secure access to your medical records through MyLVHN
- Breastfeeding support and education after delivery and comprehensive feeding support whether you choose to breast- or formula-feed your baby
- Level II NICU at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg, offering support and expert care for fragile babies born between 32-35 weeks gestation
- Level IV NICU at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest, offering the highest level of care available anywhere in the region for high-risk babies experiencing complex problems and critical illness
- Seamless transport and admitting to Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest should you or your baby need higher-level specialty care
- Advanced security for you and your baby
Comprehensive specialty care you can count on.
You can count on LVHN for the comprehensive specialty care your family needs when the expected – or unexpected – happens.
From fertility specialists who provide life-changing treatments and support when you’re having difficulty getting pregnant to maternal-fetal medicine specialists who can keep your high-risk or complex pregnancy on track and successful. Our health care team is comprised of many board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and certified registered nurse-midwives. They are driven to give you the comprehensive care you need and deserve.
Plus, Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital is the only one of its kind in the region, delivering specialty care after baby is born, if your precious bundle needs extra attention, and throughout their early life.