From total joint replacement surgery to sports medicine, LVHN helps get you moving again. Our orthopedic specialists care for people of all ages, abilities and lifestyles, comprehensively managing your treatment. We also partner with area schools to help developing athletes stay healthy and achieve performance goals.
Bone, joint and sports injuries can sideline your activities, but we’re here to help. Our goal is to help you overcome pain and injury, getting you back to doing what you love. Our board-certified orthopedic specialists offer a wide range of treatments and services for conditions ranging from arthritis to orthopedic trauma. We’ll help you return to your lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Joint replacement surgery
Conditions like joint pain and osteoarthritis make it difficult for you to remain active. For some, nonsurgical treatments provide short-term relief. But if nonsurgical options aren’t working for you, our orthopedic team can help.
At our Centers for Orthopedic Medicine, we restore joint function using the latest surgical techniques. And our fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeons perform more joint replacements than anyone else in the area. This extensive knowledge means you recover from orthopedic surgery with the region’s most experienced team.
Sports medicine program
We offer a comprehensive sports medicine program designed to help you if a sports injury has sidelined you from an active lifestyle or if you are looking to achieve athletic excellence. Our program ranges from surgical treatment of major injuries, such as rotator cuff or ACL tears, to rehabilitation, concussion management and strength, agility and conditioning training. No matter your physical fitness or abilities, our team of sports medicine doctors, physical therapists and trainers work together to deliver personalized care that helps athletes meet personal and competitive goals.
Sometimes, recovering from injury or surgery requires close medical supervision and assistance. If you need extra help recovering from a bone, joint or sports injury, our orthopedic rehabilitation program helps you regain function and get back to life on your terms.
Dedicated orthopedic facilities
It’s easy to find the orthopedic care you need close to home. With practice locations across the region, access is never far away. And with two locations that offer multiple services in on location, convenient care is accessible too.
- Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN)–Tilghman is the region’s only campus dedicated to orthopedics. Here you receive care from top-rated surgeons with years of experience providing surgical treatments for many orthopedic conditions. At LVHN–Tilghman, the Center for Orthopedic Medicine–Tilghman features four state-of-the-art operating rooms. In the LVHN Surgery Center–Tilghman, outpatient procedures are performed where you go home the same day.
- The region’s premiere Musculoskeletal Center at LVHN–Hausman Road offers the full spectrum of musculoskeletal services in one convenient location, including orthopedic, rheumatology, physiatry and pain management care. The Musculoskeletal Center provides X-ray services as well as a procedures suite where patients can receive lumbar epidurals under fluoroscopy for pain management.
Musculoskeletal Center practices include:
- LVPG Orthopedics and Sports Medicine–Hausman Road
- LVPG Physiatry–Hausman Road
- LVPG Rheumatology–Hausman Road
- LVPG Pain Specialists–Hausman Road
The Musculoskeletal Center at LVHN–Hausman Road is located near the Center for Orthopedic Medicine–Tilghman, the region's only campus dedicated to orthopedics.
Outstanding care, recognized
Thanks to the expertise and dedication of our orthopedic specialists, our Centers for Orthopedic Medicine continue to be recognized for quality services and care. Our honors include:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield “Blue Distinction Center+” for hip and knee replacement
- Aetna “Institute of Quality®” in orthopedics
- Recognized as one of the “100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review
- The Joint Commission’s Goal Seal of Approval® for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Certification